Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thankful for Lace

Click photos for larger view.


For Thanksgiving, I wanted to wear something that was sleek and classy, but comfortable enough for a TON of cooking (and cool enough for a very hot kitchen). Flowy sleeves are never a good idea while using the oven, and long sleeves of any kind are just too hot when the oven, toaster oven and two or more burners are going at once. I knew this short-sleeve blazer with ruched details would be perfect.


To tie in the romantic element, I used my tiered lace skirt from Spiegel. I had my heart set on wearing the cute blazer, but wanted to make this NOT look so much like a corp Goth outfit. I succeeded, because for work I rarely pair a blazer with a long, flowing skirt. I love the look, so it’s perfect for non-work days, along with lace armwarmers and a big flowery cross I’ve had since high school (both of which are also non-work pieces).  The giant chiffon hair flower is from Forever 21.  And to tie in the totally impractical element, I wore my point-toe Pleaser platform stilettos!




What did you wear for Thanksgiving? Was it an excuse to make a fashion statement, or did you just dress comfy for power-eating? ;-D

9 comments:

The HouseCat said...

Gwah, those shoes are to DIE FOR, but they'd totally kill my feet :/ The way the blazer covers your blouse makes it look like you're wearing a classy dress, and the army warmers are very nice :)

Audronasha said...

Lovely skirt :) I do like whole outfit. So elegant and dark, but not to heavy.

linnea-maria said...

I think your skirt is so gorgeous! I've been drooling over it before :). I dont celebrate thanktsgiving.....Actually what a boring autumn we have in Sweden! Many don't celebrate Halloween or Saints eve and no thanksgiving, so theres a lot of dark gloomy weekends here. But I've been power eating icecream today with the kids, a comfy tunic dress and leggings was my outfit for that.

Anonymous said...

Very nice outfit, at always! I especially love the skirt and the cross necklace. For Thanksgiving I just wore a simple black dress with orange-and-black striped tights. Slightly dressy, but still comfy.

Anonymous said...

It's a pretty outfit, the lace skirt with the matching gloves is stunning, if you'd drop or change the vest, they'd make a classy gothy outfit, I guess. :) However, the vest is cute too.

Aaand Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it! :)

DuskRose_Dreaming said...

I love your lace skirt. :) It was so neat meeting you on Friday! You're even more elegant in person. ^^

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

HouseCat, the shoes aren't so bad once you get used to them. ;) And thanks!!

Audronasha, thank you. That's just what I was going for.

linnea-maria, lol! I like the way you think. You are having your own little fall celebration. :) Hope you stayed warm enough, eating ice cream when it's so cold out!

Celeste, that's the perfect balance. :)

Lynoire, I have to disagree. :) I think a nice black blazer (vest) makes for a very classy Goth outfit. Gives it a sleek, crisp edge and is a nice contrast to the softness of the lace. Just my opinion though, as one who's usually not shooting for a very stereotypical look. :)

DuskRose_Dreaming, thank you! You are so sweet. :-D I'm glad you came up and introduced yourself. PS: Your hair is amazing!

Snowhyte said...

Beautiful outfit and I love those shoes!

Anonymous said...

Ok, how the heck did you cook in that gorgeous outfit? I did all my cooking in either pjs or jeans and a t-shirt! Sheeze ... That blazer is to die for!!! I love the detailing up the front. Very nice.