Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

And the Boucle Continues…

Click photos for larger view.


Last week I showed you one of four boucle sweaters I purchased from Victoria’s Secret a few years back. This one is more work-appropriate, being not so low-cut (although I could wear a camisole with the other one, but what fun is that?). It also fulfills my need to throw some unexpected colors into my work wardrobe, to fend off unanswerable questions like, “Why do you wear all black?” Yes, it really does work, and eliminates my urges to answer with a smart mouth. :)  Sadly, it was actually WAY too warm to wear in my sweltering office, which usually heats up to 82 degrees by the time I leave for the day, so I don't know if or when we'll be seeing this sweater again...


This bright pink number did require a bit of toning down in the form of all-black accessories. Two flower pins (one from New York & Co., the other from Claire’s), a cheap patent belt from Ross (yes, I also wore it in my last post) and my favorite chiffon scarf from Amazon did the trick.


This skirt is from Forever 21. It used to be fairly loose on me, and now it's getting snug...  I have to admit, I've been a bad BatFitter lately.  I'm under an immense amount of stress due to a work situation, which has drained my energy for exercise and given me a non-stop case of chocolate cravings.  But, Le Professeur, in her great wisdom, has declared that part of BatFit is to improve life in various different ways...  So in addition to getting out of my no-exercise rut I'm working on a drastic solution for the stress. More on that when I have joyous news to report...  I like to stay positive, so I won't share a lot of details here in the interim; suffice to say it's time to nip this issue in the bud and get back on track! :)  Many thanks to Le Professeur Gothique for keeping us inspired to better our lives!

19 comments:

Meagan Kyla said...

I'm sorry you are so stressed my dear, but have no fears as you always look fabulous! I've learned to channel my stress (I used to be a bundle of nerves) into creating a mantra for myself to repeat (internally) for when things got bad. Unfortunately, when we dislike our jobs it takes a blow to our energy levels and effects us more than what we think. Stay strong my dear! :)

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT pink! You look absolutely breathtaking. I can't believe that your nails match so perfectly!!! BRAVA, my dear, BRAVA!

Awwww, thanks sweetie! ((((HUGS))))) I'm cheering for you darling -- can you hear me across the country?!? WAHOO! Go, Ms. Kitty GO!!!

Elizabeth_Bethezda said...

This is a beautiful look and I like that your nails match the sweater. I'm sad to hear you are having a tough time at work but it sounds like you at least have the right attitude about it. HUGS!!!!!

Carrie said...

Love this outfit...that pink is so pretty on you! You have such gloriously long hair...love it!
XO Carrie
www.carriefabulous.com
www.livefrombungalow63.blogspot.com

Mykki said...

You look fantastic in that shade of pink!

MadamNoire said...

That is one beautiful outfit! :) I really like that you've matched the nails and the sweater! :D

Snowhyte said...

You look lovely as usual :) very cute skirt. I hope that the stressful situations can be resolved and things start going smoother!

Anonymous said...

Snug, you say? You you fabulous and I hope, you will overcome the stressful days soon!*hugs* :)

I love the color of your sweather, more precisely the harmonious combination of the pink and the white threads. The shape is also pretty, I think, this length is just perfect to compliment a slim waist. ^^

Corin said...

The pink sweater looks very good on you! It looks like a comfortable fabric too. I hope you'll have more chances to wear it in the future.
I'm sorry to hear about the stress at your work. Fortunately these things are usually temporal though. Just use the chocolate to help you through and then get back to a healthier diet when things have calmed down! Not that you need a diet, as far as I can judge. :)

GothBarbie said...

You look as slim and lovely as ever! So no have no fear about the chocolate! You seem like such a smart, savvy and sweet person, I'm sure you'll turn it all around and make your life harmonious again soon!

Best of luck for a swift turn-around!

J.Bane said...

Job stress can have such a negative effect on all aspects of life. I'm sure you'll find a solution, drastic or otherwise. Then you'll just have the "I have so many fabulous clothes, I can't decide what to wear" stress. ;)

Jamie said...

Aww, sorry to hear about the job stress-but at least you look fabulous while being stressed out! Seriously, very classic/pretty outfit as always. And *hugs* for support.

Anonymous said...

I love your outfit! I hope things get better so you're less stressed. I hope you don't mind, but I'm nominating you for a [Dark] Sunshine Award!

kakuidori said...

oh how you manage to look that pretty every day O__O?

sorry youre stressed though

MadamNoire said...

By the way, I nominated your blog to the Dark Sunshine Awards. :)

http://madamnoire.blogspot.se/2012/03/hello-everybody-i-was-thrilled-to-hear.html

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Meagan, you give good advice. I've been working on not letting myself think about "this place" while I am not on work time, so hopefully that will help me stop letting it get me depressed on the weekends and evenings. It's hard to shut down such thoughts, but I'm getting better at switching over to thoughts of the things that make my life amazingly wonderful (pretty much everything outside of work!). :)

Le Professeur, I hear you!! :-D Thank you so much. I'm not going to let it get the best of me!

Lady Bethezda, thanks!! Trying to look at it as a catalyst for positive change, and snapping out of a three-month depression (the instigator of my work issues doesn't deserve to have that much power over me!).

Carrie, thank you! :) I'm pretty thrilled with how long my hair has grown. It was stuck at just past my waist for years, then suddenly just started growing longer again!

akumaxkami, thank you!!

MadamNoire, thanks! The matching nails were a happy accident. :)

Snowhyte, thanks! I'll get myself into a better place soon. It just takes some determination sometimes! :)

Lynoire, thank you! I quite like the mottled pink and white, too.

Corin, you make an excellent point. Sometimes, it's enough to just make it through one day at a time, and if chocolate helps a little, I am thankful for that. :) My time to thrive will return soon enough, I'm sure!

GothBarbie, thank you for your supportive words. I'm not terribly concerned about a few extra pounds, but I hate to let an evil person affect me like that. Gotta get myself out of this rut!

Bane, I can't wait for that day. :) Job stress really can taint every waking moment (and even sleeping, judging by the amount of nightmares I have these days). I'm trying to look at each of those moments as reminders that I need to stay motivated to better my situation! :)

Jamie, thank you, sweetie! :-D

Celeste, that's so sweet of you! I am on my way to your blog to check it out (I was out of town for a few days, so I've fallen behind!). Thank you!

kakuidori, lol! Thank you. :)

MadamNoire, thanks so much! :-D

...Madame May... said...

...♥...
adorable

Unknown said...

I was getting worried when I saw you hadn't posted in a week (since this post mentioned stress), so I'm glad to see you in the comments yesterday!

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Sacred Keep, thanks!! :)

Ali Cat, you are sweet! I made an escape for a few days and got out of town. Now it's back to reality, but at least I had a nice little break. :)