Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Casual Saturday Errands… in the Cold

Click photos for larger view.

weekend goth fashion

Nothing too interesting going on with this outfit… A day of errands was in order, and it was quite chilly out! Since it was so warm in the house while getting ready, I picked out this half-sleeve cropped sweater from Arden B, a long lace cami with another cami underneath, and pants. Then I set one foot outside and went back and added the arm warmers.  Springtime is definitely bipolar around here.

bell sleeves

I ended up enjoying this outfit quite a lot, as I had never paired this sweater with long arm warmers before. I like how the two sets of bell sleeves play off each other. And since the arm warmers go all the way up almost to my shoulders, the overlap kept me nice and warm.

Gothic fashion



All images and text © Sophistique Noir Gothic Fashion Blog. Do not use any photos or text from this blog without providing a credit to me and a link back to the original post.

14 comments:

The HouseCat said...

Bipolar spring is short sleeves and warm evening hikes followed by snow.

SNOW.

linnea-maria said...

I always love your trouser outfits, even though I'm a skirt wearer mostly. That knit is gorgeous and goes very nice with the arm warmers. We have typical april weather right now one day sunny and warm weather, next day a snowstorm and like today, very sunny weather but freezing cold.

Pixel Pixie said...

I imagine this is what Morticia would wear to run errands (this is a compliment). Nicely done.

Charlotte The Terrible said...

I love the look of the shoes underneath the pants. It's subtle drama.

Meagan Kyla said...

I have to admit I never though of adding armwarmers to some of cropped sweaters for colder days....hrmmmm. Thanks dear! Lookin' sharp as always :)

Anonymous said...

KA-OOT! I really love the double sleeve look, nicely done! Sometimes the best looks are impromptu, "holy smokes, I'm FREEZING looks" ... especially when that wonderful bit of layering results.

You look so adorable!

MissVermilion said...

The two-sleeves effect looks really good,I love your heels!

Anonymous said...

New follower, I love your blog!

I really like this outfit, think the variety of textures make it very interesting!

Stitchlingbelle

Anonymous said...

Love the layering! Looks warm and chic. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh I like the idea of wearing a bolero with arm warmers or a long sleeve shirt underneath. Must remember to try this sometime.

Violette B. said...

Hi there!

I'm totally suffering the annoying crazy season myself. Not easy to get properly dressed in this weather, is it?

However, you totally made it with the sweater and armwarmers. Good for you!

kakuidori said...

oh how great you look :-O
i really need to cut those stupid knots off my fav lace shirt, yours look so pretty! and also those shoes!!

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Those bell sleeves are quite the pair, they run so well together, almost as if the blouse was long sleeved.

It's nice to know that even across the whole country, the weather hasn't quite made up it's mind. ^_^

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

HouseCat, aww, no! Snow in April?!? I'm at least glad we aren't doing THAT bad around here. :)

linnea-maria, thanks! Pants aren't my favorite look on myself, so your comment made me feel good. Stay warm!! :)

Pixel Pixie, what an awesome image! (and an awesome compliment!!)

Charlotte the Terrible, these shoes are great for dressing up otherwise boring pants. ;)

Meagan Kyla, thanks!! That's why it's so fun being Goth. Because armwarmers rock!!

Le Professeur, I usually suck at layering. This time I did okay. :)

MissVermilion, thank you!

Anon, thanks! Sometimes I'm afraid to combine different textures, yet it usually looks so nice.

Ms. Lou, thanks! It's nice to feel warm without feeling frumpy (a feeling I sometimes get from sweaters).

katysioux, thanks! You should give it a try - it makes those not-quite-warm-enough things more versatile.

Violette B., no, it's not an easy time of year to plan an outfit at all! :)

kakuidori, lol! thanks!!

Sir Isaak, yeah, I'm pretty sure we're all in the same boat, nation-wide!