This sweet ivory sweater from Newport News is a wool/angora blend. Yes, it drives me absolutely crazy to wear it… I do wear a camisole underneath, and fortunately there are no sleeves to speak of, so it’s really just my chest and upper back that suffer. I can live with that. The sweater came with the bow pin, made from black satin ribbon and white lace. At first, I thought white lace on an ivory sweater was a strange choice, but now I rather like it. It ties in with the white in my cameo.I have only worn this skirt to work once (and that was on a Saturday), but when I pull the waistband up high it is the perfect length for my lace Demonia boots. I thought a pseudo-Victorian updo would be perfect with this outfit, and added a black fabric flower (from NY&Co) and an ivory one (from Claire's).
The fabulous long, ruched knit gloves came from Claire’s. I didn’t actually wear these throughout the work day, of course. But they were the perfect solution for a chilly drive home in the evening.




25 comments:
Too cute!!
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! You look gorgeously elegant and picture perfect. Sooooo ... romantic and pretty. And that cameo is absolutely divine! Brava, my dear, brava!
The knit is absolutely lovely it looks so beautiful with the bow and your cameo. Too bad it's itching. I have a gorgeous magenta knitted top but I'm going to sell it because it's like wearing a grainsack or something (no a grainsack is more comfortable). The skirt is also lovely and as you said the perfect lenght for your boots.
I love your outfits. The combination of a dark skirt and the soft white.. just beautiful.
Really cute! :)
The white lace does look gorgeous!
I always have troubles finding the right lenght of skirt for booth of this height, yours looks just perfect without making you or your legs look shorter.
A perfect combination of colors to create a gorgeous neo-Victorian look. So very creative! If you worked for my boss you could get to wear such gloves to work. The downside is you may not get paid on time. :-P
Fabulous outfit! You look lovely in ivory.
Oooh this is officially one of my favorite outfits! I adore cream/ivory and black color combinations.
Demonia boots~ awww yeah. ^_^
It's a shame about the sweater, as it does look soooooo~ good~! Maybe you'll... build up a tolerance?
Black and white, but not a panda~ [does that even make any sense?] I love it~!
That's gorgeous and it looks SO cozy too!
Schmancy!
gah why do pretty things have to be itching sometimes :-/ maybe you can wear an undershirt with it?
great outfit as always! <3
How adorable are you today! I love your top, the bow to the side was darling, but I think the best part of the outfit was your boots. Your's boots are killer ^_^
Absolutely charming! I love the top, especially paired with the gloves!
So pretty. I love sweaters with that type of shape. The boots with the skirt look perfect. I'm totally coveting this entire outfit. (minus the itchies) :)
Heeere she iiiis - the biggest cute in the uuuniveerrrse. 8D I love it. Shoes. Need those shoes.
Beautiful! Love the shoes so much!
This is so soft and feminine and lovely! I would wear this in a heartbeat! Excellent idea to pair that look with those boots - and the hair! you have style GALORE - so glad you're documenting it for all to see!
The boots are to dye for!
I love, love, love this outfit! The bow detail on the sweater is darling and I am a sucker for a lovely cameo necklace.
You my dear, are one stylish lady!
Miss Gracie, thank you! :)
Pixel Pixie, thanks! I love your username. :)
Le Professeur, I'm so glad you like it. This sweater is instant elegance... I just wish it didn't itch and shed so I could wear it more! ;-D
linnea-maria, lol! I know that feeling. I have another silver angora sweater that is even worse. I adore it, but just can't wear it. Some people seem to be fine with wearing wool and angora. They are lucky!!
Michelle, thanks so much for that lovely comment!
Lynoire, I have that same problem. I only have two skirts that look right with these boots,and this one I had to hike up quite a bit... But it stayed put very well throughout the day, thanks to a wide smocked waistline!
Unlacing, I would love a job like that... but I do like a reliable paycheck. :) That's the *only* reason I'm still at my current job! That's a pretty big downside. I hope your boss gets it together soon!
Bane, thanks!!
Electrobat, that's nice to hear! I used to hate ivory, but I'm really growing to love it. It's so classic and elegant.
Sire Isaak, I think I have itchier days and less-itchy days, depending on current skin sensitivity. I guess I just need to try the sweater on more often and if it feels like a "less itchy" day, then go for it! ;)
akumaxkami, thanks! It's pretty cozy, aside from the itchies. ;)
Tante, lol! Thanks.
kakuidori, I did wear a camisole, but should probably try something with more coverage. Thank you for your nice words!!
AngelShinigami, aww! Thank you! I do love these boots. I need more skirts that go with them so I can wear them more!!
Aristocratic Elegance, thanks! These gloves make me like going without a coat, because I hate to hide them. :)
Lady Bethezda, lol! You can have the itchies, but not the outfit! ;)
Kitty, you are too funny. Thank you! And give Sinister Soles a try; they had these boots for the best price, at the time I bought them, anyway...
teaneko, thank you!!
GothBarbie, you are so sweet. Thank you for the wonderful compliment. I used to wear my hair in a high bun alllllll the time, but had somehow forgotten about it. I expect I'll be going back to it more frequently now that it's back on my mind.
Is it still cold where you live? I'm sweating my butt off already and yet here you are looking gorgeous in wool of all things! *fans herself* I'm hot just looking at you. It is a cute sweater though...
Anon, lol! We have bi-polar weather here. One day (like today) it's 80 degrees and the next it's 50. Not exactly *cold* but enough so for a short-sleeve sweater (it's pretty lightweight, too). With the gloves and boots, I didn't really even need a jacket.
oh, I love tops with a shoulder-less-roll over front! The bow does it for me too. So perfect!
This is definitely one of my favourite outfits of yours. If I ever get the chance I will steal that sweater!
I love, love, love this look!! It is sophisticated with a dash of whimsy.
Post a Comment