Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where Did That Old Trunk Come From?

Click photos for larger view.

Goth Fashion

The old trunk, which I bought at an antique store ages ago, is currently stuck in the loft that houses my photo studio. We just got a new bedroom set, and the old trunk just doesn't fit (physically or stylistically) any more. Seeing as how it has been displaced into the loft until we determine its fate, I figured I'd use it as a prop. Prometheus really liked that idea, as you will soon see!

Goth Fashion

I didn't really plan on taking so many photos of this outfit, but when you have a gorgeous AND cooperative kitty in the scene, it's hard not to take full advantage of the opportunity. So this post is more about a woman's love for her Maine Coon than her love of fashion!

Goth Fashion

The hook-and-eye top came from Body Central (or Venus... I get them confused sometimes!). It required some alteration, as it was generally too large for me. I took the easy way out and just brought the sides in. Sleeves/shoulders are a mystery to me so I wasn't about to touch them. I don't mind some extra room in the sleeves, anyway.

Goth Fashion

I don't go for these plain stretch pants often any more. They just don't seem mature enough for someone my age... But this outfit was for a day of projects around the house, so the high comfort factor was just what I needed.

Goth Fashion

I actually got about 20 cute photos posing with this giant sweetheart. Consider yourselves lucky I didn't spam you by posting all of them! ;-D

Goth Fashion
Summer Shoes!

Seems like most Goths are cat people. Which are you? Cat, Dog, or Neither?

19 comments:

Tenebris In Lux said...

I'd still say I'm a cat person despite loving my two "puppers." And I wouldn't mind a picspam of your kitty!

Lovely trunk o_o Very charming old thing, huh? Smart idea to use as a prop, indeed ^^

CookingChinchillas said...

Well I am a little bit of everything.Chinchilla,cat,dog,tortoise-person.
Lovely outfit dear! May I ask what lipstick you are wearing?

Luna said...

Your kitty has such big, gorgeous eyes! I think we could have suffered through a few more cat-shots. :P

MissGracie said...

Kitties are generally superior to dogs in my opinion ^_^ But my boyfriend is obsessed with dogs.

Minakitty said...

Definitely more of a cat person (4 is the limit and there is almost always that many), but I did grow up with a wonderful dog for nearly 16 years.

Hook and eye! I LOVE hook and eye. A while back I found a great shirt on eBay which had small ones in the place of buttons. Turns out it was better suited for the husband. :)

Julietslace said...

I'm a cat person in case nobody noticed! I love your cats, they're so cute. Oh and your top is nice too ;)

RubyAlison said...

I used to be a dog person as a kid but have switched sides to cat as an adult...

Love the top. Do you wear heels even just around the house and stuff on weekends like this?

Sunduri Das said...

I'm both cat and dog. Come to think of it, I like animals in general. Your Maine Coone is gorgeous! You look lovely as usual.

Liz said...

Definitely a cat person, although I like other people's dogs usually ^_^ I really like your shoes in this outfit!

J.Bane said...

I'm a dog person, paws down.

Ashlee said...

I am, without a doubt, a cat person. Or at least sooo not a dog person.

Rebecca said...

Is there no "both" option? 'Cause that's me! I have a Jack Russell and a cat and while I go through periods of being more annoyed at one or the other, I love them both to death. :)

December said...

I love love love cats but once we get a house with more land (which should be soon) we've been promised a wolf-german-shepherd mix pup so I might end up being both.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Tenebris, I should have listed an option for "both." :)

CookingChinchillas, lol! Oh, the lipstick is Lancome Retro Rouge. It's a nice, pure red with a bit of shimmer. I bought it some time ago...

Luna, there will be plenty more kitty photos on this blog in the future!

MissGracie, I agree with you. Nut boyfriends often prefer dogs, so we have to humor them... ;)

MinaKitty, we have four as well, and that's definitely the upper limit! Especially when two of them have such long hair. How cool that your eBay shirt worked out for your husband!

Julietslace, lol. :)

RubyAlison, I do sometimes wear heels around the house, unless I am in for the night (and even then I often wear them for dinner at home). I definitely wear them just about any time I leave the house, even on weekends. I'm extremely used to them.

Sunduri Das, you are another rare person who likes both cats and dogs! I don't meet many such people. And thank you!

Aristocratic Elegance, I know what you mean. I do like some specific dogs, but I wouldn't have the patience to have one of my own!

Bane, lol! :-D

Ashlee, well said!!

Becky, sorry for omitting the "Both" option. Most people I know are only one or the other, so I didn't even think of it! Pets always annoy us at one time or another. Even my precious boys can be spirited at times!!

EcoGoth, sounds like it will be a beautiful puppy! best of luck on finding the new place so you can bring him home. :)

Sakara said...

awe your kitty is beautiful! I'd be happy to see more of him!!
I'm very much a cat person i have 3 and before that had 2 of my own and 2 others who decided my home was better than theirs most of the time!

Phoenix said...

I love them both, but I'd have to say kitties just a liiittle bit more. Cute outfit. Very cute Prometheus! ^^

Erin said...

I love most creatures great and small, but I have a solid reputation as a Crazy Dog Person.

Teresa said...

CATS. I've had loud, yappy dogs all my life, and wanted a cat (or to be a cat) since I was 2, but sadly my mom is allergic. Its on my list of things to buy when I move out.

Gothic Rose said...

You do goth so beautifully and elegantly without loosing that dark edge. I have been goth since high school over 15 years now (music, fashion, literature, interests), but in the last 5 years, I purchased clothing in colors and styles I was not passionate about, but because friends & family said my look was too funeral like or attention grabbing/sexy. I am Indian & olive toned, so many family members & even people I encounter don't seem to understand that I am goth because there is a misconceptions that people of ethnic descent can't be goth. It was easier as a teenager with safety pins, pvc & lace, but in my 20s I purchased very elaborate Victorian pieces that looked too fancy & looked too sexy in the office. I am weeding out my closet now and I'm keeping my goth items in red & black with bits of white, whether people like it or not. After all, that is the goth spirit. At the same time, I don't want to be passed up for promotion because I am too avant guard at the office, so your outfits are a great inspiration to me on how to balance being gothic, while still looking conservative, but not as if I am in a Victorian mourning period (though I still adore that look). Thank you!