This is the top I mentioned recently that caused me to give Boston Proper a proper chance (ugh; okay, I know that was bad!). I love the frilly sleeves and the ruched cross-over bodice. I'm not a huge fan of the super-loose empire waist cut (looser than most empire waists I own): it's not flattering, but at least it's comfortable. The cut goes perfect with the jersey knit fabric. To compensate for the loose fit in the mid-section, I thought this top should be paired with something snug around the bottom. I couldn't decide quite how to style it, so I tried it three ways.
With a snug-fitting lace pencil skirt.
With leggings featuring a zipper.
With skinny jeans.
I won't say anything about my personal feelings for any of these combinations, as I want to get unbiased input from my readers.
Which look is your favorite, and why?



19 comments:
The jeans. I rarely like loose shirts with skirts, and leggings are just a bit too boring.
First choice skinny jeans. Second choice pencil skirt.
I really like it with the skinny jeans. It softens the look of the denim and is just the right amount of playful, giving the whole thing a nice youthful and fun look. It's a nice outfit for some early autumn activities or an impromptu movie night with the girls.
Pencil skirt !
Very Beautiful
I really like the skinny jeans! I feel the top has much fabric that you just can't have the skin-tight leggings, and the skirt doesn't shoe enough of your shape. You could also try it with a skirt on top! I have one top that is quite lovely on the top (in your case, it would be the bodice and sleeves) yet offers no shape on the bottom, so I paired it with skirt pulled over the bad part of the shirt, and it looked much better! I'm pretty sure this top would look good with tight or loose skirts. ^^
I'm also going to have to go with the skinny jeans for a casual, yet pulled together look. The pencil skirt for perhaps more dressy occasions. Too me it doesn't look too loose. I also liked how you had dressier jewelry for the skirt look vs. the other looks.
JE
The skinny jeans are my favorite, but the pencil skirt is a close second.
I vote for the skinny jeans as well! I think it has the best proportions of the three and makes you look lean and tall. I mean you really are lean and tall but this accentuates that! This was a fun post! I like the idea we get to play along!
I actually like the leggings best because of the zippers.
Skinny jeans. But if you're going to try wearing it w/a skirt tucked in, make sure it's high-waisted and comes to the empire line, if that makes sense.
My fave is look 3. You look elegant and smokin' at the same time.
Teresa, the leggings were my least favorite choice. I always feel like I'm walking around in pajamas when I wear leggings. :)
BettyZade, I totally agree. :) Jeans for weekend and skirt for work.
Mary, as much as I love these jeans with just about everything, I love them best with this top. You hit on exactly why. It does look playful and fun!
CookingChinchillas, thank you! I love this look with the skirt for work. In fact, this skirt is a bit too tight in the rear with a shorter top, so this outfit makes an unwearable work skirt wearable! :)
Arisa, excellent point about the skirt not showing as much shape. I like your idea for tucking the top in, too. I might have just the skirt for that look...
je9601, I agree, definitely. I think my photos showed the top to its best advantage, so you can't tell how loose it looks from the side... But I love how it looks from the front!
Tenebris, mine too (on both counts). :)
GothBarbie, I am lean but I fake the "tall" part with 5" heels. ;-D I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this kind of post. I wasn't sure if readers would like it or not. I'll try to do more!
RubyAlison, the zippers were what sold me on these leggings. I normally wouldn't buy leggings, so I'm still trying to figure out how to style them. :)
Piper, good point. I have a couple of high-waisted skirts I will have to try next time I wear this top.
Sunduri Das, the jeans seem to be the number one pick so far. I'm glad, because I did feel sassy and classy in that outfit. :-D
I love it with the pencil skirt honestly. It looks more like a dress. The other two looks are cute though. :)
You can wear the shirt with anything! With shirts like that, they always make me feel like I look pregnant. I like how billowy they are but, when I need a bit more structure, I add a vest on top. I have a grey pinstripe one, a black one with a red heart on the left lapel and black/white stripes on the back, and one that is a halter top that ties behind my waist (I use this one for shirts that are billowy but show off my back, very classy sexy). Try it out, maybe you'll like it. <3!
Skinny jeans! I love when your skirts, but I like this look because is different from your other looks. Sometimes I feel more dificult to get a good goth look with jeans or trousers, that´s why I love when you try looks with jeans, you give me lovely ideas n_n.
the jeans are the best choice :)or also the leggings but if they were without the zip on the ankles that would be better :)
Skinny jeans. It just looks so well put together, but I couldn't really tell you why except it appeals to me more than the other two choices.
Skirt. Can't say why exactly I just think it looks best.
i think either the leggings or skinny jeans. They counter balance the top half whilst lengthening the legs. The skirt seems to blend to much into the top.
Post a Comment