Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Monthly Blog Round-Up for January

Since I didn't do a round-up last month, I've included some posts from December here.  Enjoy a few of my favorite recent posts!
  • Lady Bethezda of Bethezda's Preoccupations shared a fabulous purple make-up look: my favorite color!!  Her looks are always inspiring, with a ton of variety.
  • Hexotica totally wowed me with an extremely timely (for me) and profound article on living your life on your terms.
  • Arisa Gossamer of Kuro Jinsei put a new spin on outfit posts by sketching her OOTD.
  • Linnea-maria shared her recipe for homemade face cream.  Next time I get around to placing an order with New Directions Aromatics, I'm going to give this a shot!
  • Katysioux of Dreams of Black Lace reposted an article defending fake beauty.  It addresses an issue that I've always pondered myself - since wearing make-up is inherently fake, who's to say that "natural" make-up is more acceptable than dramatic make-up??
  • Katelynn of Life of a Baby Bat posted this video of, appropriately, a baby bat. While I'm the type to reject a lot of the Goth Lifestyle stereotypes, I have to admit that bats are a favorite!

Honorable Outfit Mention for January:



7 comments:

linnea-maria said...

Oh thanks for mentioning me. I have been in a low mood lately and had not good enough thoughts about myself. So by including me in your blog round up definitely cheered me up. Thanks again!

Elizabeth_Bethezda said...

Thank you so much for including me in your "round-up". I'm glad you listed your Snow and Ice outfit b/c that is still one of my all time favorites. Bright blessings!

kakuidori said...

great posts! two blogs i didnt know yet :-D thanks for sharing!

Tante Fledermaus said...

KatySioux's post about artificiality was spot-on. Life's too short to worry about other people's lipstick.

Risa said...

Thank you for this! I haven't been posting very much (school decided to kick my butt with homework and exams), and I was surprised to see so many views from today! ^^

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

linnea-maria, you're welcome! Thank YOU for sharing your luxurious recipe. I hope you find new joy and reward in your blog soon!!

Lady Bethezda, my pleasure! I truly love seeing your make-up posts.

kakuidori, wonderful! It's fun to share the love. :)

Tante, well said!!

Arisa, I hope you'll be doing more outfit sketches when school slows down. Of course, school work comes first!

Kate said...

Thanks for including me in here.