Click photos for larger view.
I have to admit, I've been going through a phase of very low morale at work. As a diligent employee with an intensely strong work ethic, this phase has not affected my job performance... But my will to rise in the morning, and especially to dress up nicely for the work day, has been completely obliterated. I'll get over it; I've worked at the same place for 10 years and it's happened before (for even better reasons than this time) and it passes with time. In the interim, I feel like my work outfit posts have fallen victim to my lack of enthusiasm. Since we bloggers share so much of our daily lives, I suppose this little phase will round things out around here nicely. :)
I thought grey was the perfect color to reflect my current state of mind as an employee. Check out the close-up of the pattern on this skirt from Spiegel. It's quite lovely, and a bit cheerful even in monochrome.
Don't get me wrong; I do like this outfit. But I can admit that it is not amongst my most exciting stylistic choices, particularly with its limited accessories. I actually prefer the skirt paired with a purple top, as I did for one of my Color Brigade outfits.
* Today's post title comes from the song Monochrome, by Covenant. :)
What do you think of Grey for one of the upcoming One-Day Themes?



13 comments:
Grey would be fun, I would really like to join in with one of your themes! I haven't done any yet, even though I really wanted to be part of red and black week.
The outfit is really nice actually!
I can totally understand your current state of low morale,hopefully it'll pass :)
Greetings and say hi to your beautiful cats
That outfit looks .. magical. *_* <3
I am a grey-fan. I have a lot of items in grey. I think this tone of grey looks very elegant with black. You look great, as always n_n.
While I love the purple outfit better, sometimes dressing your mood can be so cathartic....
Your facial expresson looks a little cheeky in the bottom picture! I love it. ^^
I really admire you ability to work equally well through these funks. I am going through a similar funk in my school work and definitely doing a sort of half-assed job :)
I think grey is a great idea for a theme post! Grey is so overlooked as a color, but can be very lovely.
I love it, people don't wear grey enough!
I completely understand how you feel, I go through the same thing when I am less than thrilled at work. It is tough to dress up when it feels pointless. Hang in there, this to shall pass.
Aw, sorry to hear you are not enjoying your work at the moment. Hope it gets better for you soon. :(
Miss Gracie, there will be plenty of themes coming up. I see that you are thinking of joining in for the hat theme for August 1: that's awesome!
CookingChinchillas, I guess it happens to all of us from time to time. Glad you like the outfit; all the nice comments have cheered me up a bit. :)
Tenebris, it must have a delayed reaction because I haven't experienced any magic yet... ;)
Madame Macabre, thank you! Grey is a perfect partner for black, isn't it? I don't think I give it enough credit sometimes!
UltimateGothGuide, you made me giggle!! :-D
Sabayon, it sure helps that there are layoffs happening all around me. Bad attitude or not, I know I need to remain an obviously valuable employee because right now just about everyone in CA is expendable!! I hope you start to feel better about school soon. I know that can be especially tough when you just want to be done with it! :)
Julietslace, I am guilty of the same crime. :)
Sunduri Das, you make a good point. It'll all look up sooner or later. I'm just glad to still be working!
Hexotica, thank you. I guess if it didn't suck from time to time, it wouldn't really be work... ;)
Hi Kitty, I too worked at my last job for over 10 years, so I know what you mean about the ups and downs... Hope things look up sooner rather than later!
What a gorgeous gray & pattern!
Joy, thank you. I just need to be patient I guess! :)
Post a Comment