Click photos for larger view.
Although pink pigtails would be quite cool, I think I will stick with black for the Goth hairstyle and pink for this awesome corset-esque top. This fun piece is by Tripp, purchased at Hot Topic. I used to buy my deep purple hair color at Hot Topic, and one day I saw this masterpiece hanging on the wall while I was paying. Unlike most of the clothing items stocked by the HT, this one seemed decent quality and was the perfect style for me: unique, but not over the top; feminine, but not fussy; youthful, but not immature; inexpensive, but not cheap. There is absolutely no boning, and the lacing is not functional (there is a zipper in the back) so this is not a corset even though Hot Topic says it is. :) I’ve worn this top to the clubs before with a steel-boned corset underneath, as I did with my red Frederick’s “corset” but it’s also nice as day wear without a corset underneath.
The capris were originally pants, but they shrank the first time I washed them. Go figure: I always wash in cold and line dry, but sometimes things shrink anyway! So I chopped them off and added a double row of lace trim. Now they are even cuter than before. And they are my first and only pair of capris. The shoes, of course, are Pleaser. The velvet blazer is a Forever 21 purchase that I embellished out of necessity. I didn’t end up wearing it much with this outfit, as the evening didn’t get as chilly as I expected.
I wore this outfit to a barbeque with a bunch of my parents’ friends. I think I was a hit with the mainstream elders. :) Luckily, most of them have met me before and knew what to expect! If they had been complete strangers, I probably would have left the giant pigtails at home this time. It was traumatizing enough running in to a co-worker at the supermarket in this outfit, and I didn't even have the blazer on. Oops. I've been outed! :-D



12 comments:
It´s so cool, your hair and top are wonderfull ^^.
Those pigtails are just adorable!!! I find that Tripp makes some nice, sturdy "corset-like" tops ... and most of them are washable! YAY! Yours is particularly beautiful; I love the lines on you and the lace paneling compliments the lace you added to your capris.
Your capris are great! I would have never thought to cut the bottoms of a shrunken pair of pants and then trim them. Thanks for the suggestion.
Very BBQ picnic.
You're too cute! What sort of fabric are the capris made of?
I want capris like these!
I admire your creativity concerning the embellishment of clothes.
Pigtails & outfit are adorable! You look cute & sexy.
What a nice outfit! I have a few pants that Iv'e cropped like this. Some that have fringed hem and some that I got from a friend that had flaring short legs (awful) but looked nice with some cutting, sewing and putting on some lace. Since I live in a cold weather I use them with boots and knee high stockings.
Anny D Lee, thank you! :)
Mary, the lace panels are what sold me on this top. And yes, it's washable. Yay!!
Miss Gracie, the capris are a stretchy blend of polyester and spandex. They kinda look like suiting in terms of texture.
Sal, a crocheted trim would be super cool, and more unique than lace (I say that because I know that you can crochet. you should try something like that!).
Linnea-maria, finged hem is a great idea! I've seen those flared capris and I agree, they aren't very nice looking! I'm glad you were able to alter them and make them useable. I like the idea of boots with capris!
The top is lovely. And is great what you have done with your capris. I want to do the same with mine´s n_n. Great outfit!
Cute as piggy tails! I love them.
p.s. I tagged you for an award
http://sydneysomething.blogspot.com/2011/08/award.html
And pps ready for your interview? :D
Madame Macabre, thanks! Sometimes I am tempted to sew a bit of lace onto just about everything! :)
Green Fairy, thank you for the award! I saw it over on your blog and it made my day. And yep, I'm ready when you are. Let me know where to send my answers, as I don't think I have your e-mail address. You can get mine through the "Contact me" link at the top of my blog.
It's amazing to me how you can manage to look so adorable and so sophisticated simultaneously. I have just sort of accepted that when I wear pigtails and fun outfits, I will look twelve. :) Your capris are too adorable, and I have thrifted several Tripp tops that I really like-that one is super-nice!
Hi ,i loved her shoes and corset,are very cool and lovely,can i mimic her outfit? XD i will make a outfit like your.
I am following you,if you want follow me too^^
http://walking--with--strangers.blogspot.com
I have that top! So trying it with capri's!
http://neovictorianvoyage.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment