Click photos for larger view.
Last time we played Keep It or Toss It, you guys voted to Keep It. I have another one for you. This stretchy lace top is comfy, but it’s very cheap and the color is a bit fussy for me. I tried adding a black cami, shrug and wide belt to break up the mauviness, but I’m still not sure about it. I think it strips every bit of Goth out of my look; even too much so for a work day! The only thing I think I like about it (other than the fact that it’s lace) is the length. It could help conceal a skirt or pants that would otherwise be a bit snug for work…
Purple satin skirt from Bebe is definitely a keeper. I love the four big buttons on the kick pleat. This skirt wrinkles terribly after an hour or so of sitting at my desk, but it’s worth it. I thought maybe a fabulous skirt would make me like the top more, but I don’t think it worked.
The Swarovski heart necklace is a gift from my husband. I made the semi-matching bracelet using Swarovski components from the craft store.
So, what are your thoughts on the mauve top? Should I get rid of it, or does it work?



17 comments:
I'd say keep it...? But I'd probably pair it with a flowy, broomstick or fishtail skirt for a more summery feel. It does sort of strip a lot of the goth out of the look. But then again, I'm a firm believer that no one should own an article of clothing they don't love and don't feel great in.
This is such a pretty color on you. I would say keep. I think the length lends it to go well with dark leggings or maybe black skinny jeans. Paired with some black super high heals, I think you have yourself a "hot" outfit (you have the figure to wear such an ensemble). I love the black top underneath and the belt. Thank you for your kind comments the other day. I was having image issues after seeing my pics in the red dress, your comments made me realize that I was being ridiculous :).
Ahh I'd say keep it just because of the color, I'm currently experiencing a massive crush on mauve <3 It suits you really well and it goes so well combined with black. It gives outfits a touch of softness or delicacy, in my opinion.
I also can see why you like the length of the top, and I'm loving the shrug and belt combo with it.
I think the lack of gothiness is more a side effect of matching the top with a purple skirt than because of the color itself. I'd go for an all black skirt instead, and make it a keeper :D
Hmm. I have nothing against this top, and I think it would look great. But I have to be honest, I'm not crazy about the things you paired it with. It doesn't match the awesome skirt, and it just doesn't look quite right with the other black things you wore. I can see how it would be difficult to make a nice outfit with this.
I would say toss it. Then again, I find it useful to keep things that don't work because one day you might find a way to work it completely! So, basically I'm in between. :3
I have black hair and pale skin and would look completely silly in this colour but you look great, especially matching with black. But if you don't feel comfy in it, toss it.
I would keep it. It's a great color on you AND it's lace. You'll probably find a way to style it that will have you saying, "I'm so glad I didn't toss this!"
The purple satin skirt is stunning!
You should keep it!!
I love how you paired it with the cami, shrug and belt... but instead of the skirt I would pair it with black pants as I think it would make a cuter shilouette.
That way the outfit looks more gothy because of the all black and just a flash of mauve. It's also refreshing to see lace in a goth's outfit that's not black.
Oooohhh and add black jewellery maybe black beads...
Sorry I rant too much when it comes to clothes and style (btw I love yours) *^_^* xxx
I would say keep it for work- you do look really nice in it. Maybe just pair it with a different skirt? On the other hand, if it's something you aren't comfortable in or don't particularly like you probably won't wear it very often. You've got a lot of really cool clothes, so why settle? Life is too short. ;)
My two cents. ;)
I would say toss. The color seems like it's hard to match and doesn't do much for your skin tone at all. I also feel like keeping an item of clothing your meh about is silly, it's better to have fewer items you love then a bunch with some you won't wear because you don't like it.
I vote toss. I think it looks a bit cheap, and I actually don't like the length. It looks big on the bottom, it's just not doing much for you. Plus, I can see this color being difficult to work with what you own. On top of all that, I don't like the cut - I'm not a big fan of small tanks on top of short-sleeve shirts, unless they look like they're one shirt.
Would you show the same top to us wearing a different (and black) skirt? I'm undecided.
Thanks for all of the wonderful input! Opinions are divided on this one, but leaning a bit more toward "Keep." I'll be giving this top one more chance, probably with some black skinny jeans and black beaded jewelry per your suggestions. I'll also try it with a long black skirt. You'll probably be seeing it again in these variations!
Toss it.
I vote for keeps.
Firstly, I'd like to say that Your blog has filled a huge gap in my life.I am a 27-year old who has recently decided to go Goth...while working in a corporation. Your tasteful and reasonable approach to dark couture is an endless source of inspiration for me.
Now, on the mauve thing. I'd say keep it for work. True, the shape isn't very flattering, but did You try tucking it inside a high-waisted black pencil skirt, adding a wide black belt (or a waist cincher?) This way the shape would be improved, and the troublesome mauviness - tamed, while still doing what it does well: highlighting Your complexion.
I think this colour becomes You.
Kind regards,
Nina
I say toss it!! Don't know for some reason is just not working for me. Maybe if you style different it may work!
Other than that loving everything as always so classy and chic.
<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle
Post a Comment