Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ivory and Black Lace

Click photos for larger view.


I've been trying not to buy much clothing lately, but I had an Amazon reward card and there really wasn't anything I was dying to use it on... Then I found that Spiegel was offering this tiered lace skirt on Amazon, so this was the perfect use for my card! I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of the lace. It's a very lightweight stretch lace, which means the little elastic threads in it will start to fray in no time... Good thing I got this skirt practically for free! It will be a lovely and romantic (albeit short-term) part of my wardrobe while it lasts.


I adore this top, but can't remember where I got it. Usually I have a pretty photographic memory for such things, but sometimes I forget. And I have to cut the tags out of almost everything I buy, as they usually irritate my skin. Anyway, wherever it came from, I think this top pairs beautifully with the skirt to create a perfect Romanti-Corp-Goth look for work.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! ^^
I like this outfit and I love the mixed black and white ^^

Joy said...

What a pretty top! As I've probably mentioned before, I love the romantic quality to so many of your outfits.

I remove tags too... :)

CookingChinchillas said...

That is quite an amazing look!

Sunduri Das said...

What a pretty top. I agree, it is perfect for the office. I'm happy you are inspired by my attempt at growing something. I'm do not consider myself to especially inspiring, so it is nice to know that I did something that someone else finds helpful :).

Varina said...

That's a great outfit! I love mixing the combo of ivory and black.
That is a lovely skirt, but how weird to make a skirt out of thin stretch lace. I thought that was usually reserved for lingerie. You could probably preserve it by hand-washing or at least line drying it, since i think it is the heat from dryers that is supposed to make elastic give out. Of course, it may not be worth the trouble to you :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous outfit. I love your taste in tops!

Madame Macabre said...

I love the skirt and how it looks so well with the ivory top. The cameo is the perfect detail!

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Bathory Doll, isn't it such an elegant combination? I ignored white for far too long... :)

Tenebris, lol!

Joy, there are a bunch of "sub-styles" of Goth that have been labeled over the years, and I have always fallen more into the "Romanti-Goth" than any other. Although I do find the labels and sub-labels a bit silly after a point, they sometimes do say it all. :)

CookingChinchillas, thanks!

Sunduri Das, I think the most satisfying aspect of blogging is sharing inspiration!

Sabayon, good suggestions. I do line-dry just about everything I own (except socks, lol!). I think you are right; this skirt calls for hand-washing as well!!

Hexotica, thanks! I have dozens of tops, and some are better than others. I'm just obsessed with buying cute tops!

Madame Macabre, I thought the cameo with the ivory top was a nice combination, too. Classic and classic. :)

Carrie said...

Love everything! Very pretty!
XO Carrie
Www.carriefabulos.com

Anonymous said...

Eee, you look fabulous here. The lace tie on the ivory top is absolutely gorgeous. Is the black flower a fabric corsage pin or intrinsic?nLovely outfit :)

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

xxcellocatxx, the fabric flower is a hair clip/pin. Ooh,"iIntrinsic" is a cool word that I never think to use (sorry, I am a vocabulary nut sometimes!). ;-D