Click photos for larger view.
Newport News wins again with this black floral print on cream top (or maybe Spiegel… same thing, kinda…). I truly love these companies because of the classic, almost vintage feel to many of their styles. This particular top feels a bit large on me (their sizing tends to vary greatly from piece to piece!), but it’s so very soft and feminine that I love it anyway. I paired this black and cream outfit with red nails and lips, as I thought it would be a pretty classic combination.
My $1.50 glass pearl bracelets from Forever 21 are perfect for this outfit. These were so cheap I bought them in gunmetal, light pink and cream. The latter is what you see here, and you can see the gunmetal ones in a recent post. I also wore a cream hair flower from Claire’s. Since this was “Casual Thursday” I wore the Dr. Marten’s Mary Janes.
The belt is a silk scarf tied in a knot with the ends tucked under. I’ve seen the Scarf-as-Belt trend on several fashion blogs, although I cannot say which ones right now. If you’ve done this before, feel free to post a link in the comments!
Oh, and this is my hair down without the use of a flat iron (see it after ironing here). It's not entirely sure if it wants to be straight or wavy, but it leans much more toward straight. Part of the wave is because I shower at night so when it's hair-washing night I usually pop it into my sleep cap partly wet. I kinda like the result, plus I'm not about to destroy my hair with too-frequent ironing. It's not worth it for a work day! :) If you ever see it truly wavy (like this) there was a braid involved for at least 24 hours prior. Which would look a lot cooler if I could do French braids, but I cannot. :)



8 comments:
You have mentioned Newport News before and made me curious, do they have a web shop? The pattern of your top is lovely. Have a nice week!
I really love the top, the pattern is lovely and the color is so romantic.
I like the satin belt.
Your hair is gorgeous!
What a beautiful top! It has that wintry feel to it -- like icicles and hot buttered rum and peppermint tea. I absolutely love the print, very 19th century Victorian.
Your hair and my hair should talk. Mine does the same thing when I let it dry naturally. it can't decide if it should be straight or wavy so I end up with cowlicks. :)
Lovely outfit! I love your hair not-quite-straight and not-quite-wavy - it works perfectly for your "casually romantic" look.
Heh, I have that top too, & yes, it runs big. Lovely print tho, which is why I kept it!
I agree, it looks a little too large but it's still lovely!
The belt/scarf looks great, too.
linnea-maria, they sure do! It's www.newport-news.com. Their parent company is Spiegel (www.spiegel.com), which also has similar styles. Both are very good quality, although neither has terribly consistent sizing!!
Madame Macabre, thank you! I used to hate cream/ivory, but now I love it because it's a bit antique.
Hexotica, thanks!! :)
Le Professeur, I can tell you are ready for summer to come to an end. ;)
Trystan, I know what you mean! The v-neckline in the back makes it seem even bigger, as it seems to want to widen at the top all day. But it's worth it for the print, and a belt helps make it look more structured.
Sal, thank you! I loved wearing the scarf as a belt. I'll be doing that again, although I'm a little afraid it'll cause too much wear on the silk. But it's worth a try! :)
Post a Comment