Click photos for larger view.
Thankfully, it’s not often that I get called in to work on my off-time. However, just to make sure we are at the top of our game, there were lots of unexpected surprises last weekend and all hands were on deck to figure out the problem. My brother, who actually works with me, was the hero who found the solution and saved the day.
I couldn’t decide whether I should classify this as a work outfit or a weekend one, as it is kinda a hybrid. Yeah, it’s that Ross skirt again; the one you’ve already seen once this summer. You already saw the blazer, as well. The cami is new to you, although you’ve seen its mauve cousin. Flesh-tone fishnets were the finishing touch.
The necklace was a birthday gift a couple of years ago from a dear friend who also is a co-worker. It’s a bit ostentatious for work, but is one of my treasured weekend pieces. I figured this was a good opportunity to show her how much I enjoy it, since she doesn’t usually get to see me in it.
Since this was an unexpected call in to work (I was called at 11 PM Friday to be there at 7 AM Saturday) I didn’t do anything with my hair. Just took it out of its braid and straight into a ponytail, with a hair flower from Claire’s.
Do you often get called in to work unexpectedly? What do you wear if you have to work on off-days?





16 comments:
Absolutely gorgeous! The idea of flesh colored fishnets is brilliant. I must find them!
That necklace is gorgeous, I understand that you appreciate it. I never put on something particular if I have to work in weekends. Just practical clothes under my lab coat.
If I show up at your door will you dress me?
Angie, thank you! Go to www.hue.com for the best flesh-tone fishnets in the world!
linnea-maria, lab coat? That's intriguing!
BettyZade, if you showed up at my door I would give you a big hug (as soon as I recovered from the surprise) and of course I would play dress-up with you!! :)
Ooh, can I play dress up too?! That jacket is lovely! Our school has been developing a radically different curriculum and schedule, so Linus and I came into work early and on the weekends a few times to get everything straightened out. I just wore the same frilly black things I always wear - all the "weekend casual" clothes like jeans and non-black T-shirts have been slowly disappearing from my closet.
Gorgeous, as always! I love the Ross short and blazer pairing is lovely.
If I'm called into work, which hasn't happened since I switched day jobs, thankfully, I sort of do the same thing - mix work wear with weekend wear. I figure, as long as I'm not looking completely off dress code - they should expect something different and more 'me'. Unluckily when I was being called in I didn't get nearly as much notice and usually no time to change so they got me Goth-victorian/cyber-punk and all sometimes. ^_^
That can be a hard length of skirt to pull off but it works perfectly here. Very nice.
I used to have a job that required a lot of nights and weekends, plus was in an atmosphere I really didn't like. So I took a big pay cut but now I work at a great place with great people and never get asked to work nights or weekends.
wow, what a very sophisticated and romantic outfit. I love that bolero jacket!
Lovely outfit! So romantic, really nice :).
So, so pretty! You look so soft and romantic and dreamy. I love the way the jacket accentuates your tiny waist! Very lovely!
As a thirty something goth who at one point thought they were too old to be goth anymore I really appreciate your blog. You are a true inspiration to me. THank you for showing that you can be over 30 and still goth.
/seconds Angie
This outfit is completely gorgeous! I'm jealous.
Well, it's not frequent to get called into work on weekends, luckily. Extra time on weekends are more common, though...
I. LOOOOOOOVE~. That cross. Just the sort of big silvery/monochrome/yaaaay shiny thing I love to deck myself in.
Gratuitous hair shot, wheeee~ ^_^
Becky, come on over! :-D I'm so happy to hear about the disappearing jeans and t-shirts! ;)
EcoGoth, thank you! It might be a good thing to get called in suddenly while all Gothed up. Give your co-workers a taste of the "real" you while you aren't breaking any dress code rules because technically it was your off-time. ;)
RubyAlison, I was a bit concerned about the length when I bought this skirt, but it's so flowy and frilly I think it works. I feel like a Gothy square dancer. ;) It's great that you now have a job you enjoy more. There is a point where that really is more important than making more money!
Hexotica, thank you!
Madame Macabre, thanks! I so love the romantic look.
Le Professeur, thank you. I think the flare of the skirt enhances the proportions, in a good way! :)
Anonymous, what a sweet comment. I truly appreciate your sentiments. Of course you can be a life-long Goth, as long as you are willing to adapt to your situation over the years! :)
High Arka, go to hue.com!
Julianne, aww! Don't be jealous! :)
Sir Isaak, yes to shiny things!
Aww! *hugs* This post totally made my day. :) I distinctly remember thinking how nice you looked at the time, but because it was so chaotic I don't remember if I got a chance to actually tell you. I hope I did!
Post a Comment