Click photos for larger view.
These cute Pleaser shoes were featured in one of the first posts I ever did, before I even owned them. I’ve only worn them once for an actual outfit post. I ended up putting them on the shelf and sorta ignoring them because the pink detail in the shoes is a bit of a strange shade and quite difficult to match. Today I decided to force myself not to be so picky, and threw on a bright pink tank top.
I don’t think black tights are a good match for these shoes, so I finished the look off with a pair of flesh-tone fishnets. These are by Hue. I truly hope Hue never stops making these, because they are the only fishnets I’ve ever found that are so delicate in texture. They also come in black, and I just found out on the Hue Web site that they come in grey, too! I’m off to place an order as soon as this post is done.
The skirt comes from Frederick’s, and has been featured on my blog before. Velvet shrug with sequins is from random mall store. Gloves came from Greatlookz. If you love gloves, you have to check them out. They are a little pricey, but they have everything.
I added my favorite pink eye shadow, which is a bright shimmery magenta from Ben Nye’s Lumiere collection. I thought it might be cute to use a bit of the same color to line my bottom lid. Some girls look awesome with red tones underneath their eyes, but it just made me look sickly. :) It was fun to try something new, but I’ll stick to black for the bottom. The black shadow (which I wear almost daily) is also Ben Nye. Their eye shadows are the absolute best (IMO) if you want dramatic color, but sadly they are hard to find. It’s such an L.A. thing!
Oh, and here’s a rare appearance by the elusive Mr. Kitty. :) No, he's not Native American; he just has long hair in braids. He's Japanese, actually.






16 comments:
Last two photos = wowowow! You two are adorable ^_^
Love, love your blog! I love those shoes, and all things Neo-Vic, goth, steamy, but lately I have been forced into flats! Ahhah, yes, the worst fear imaginable has come true in my life! Damn the ballet, and my genetic predisposition to a shortened Achilles heel.
I would LOOVE some advice on awesome flat shoes, that are more narrow in width! Which is why heels always worked for me.
Love your blog, your outfits, your hairstyles, your accessories are all amazing. Off to cry about my heel issues...
-Designer Diva
http://neovictorianvoyage.blogspot.com/
I love the top, the color looks great on you. It looks great with black. And I liked the nails detail (same top color).
Lovely couple! ;)
I really like the little lace details here and there. They dress up basic silhouettes nicely.
Incidentally, my husband is half Native American, and when I show him the last photo, he is going to have some serious hair envy!
A great outfit. I adore the skirt, gloves and make-up. The bright pink top totally works with the lighter pink in the shoes. You look beautiful!
And the husband is your best accessory yet :-)
Agree about the accessory : ).
Awesome hair, Mr. Kitty! My boyfriend is terribly jealous. I love those fishnets, too. :)
He looks THRILLED.
My Ed took one look at your hubby's hair and had MASSIVE hair envy. Ed has naturally curly hair and so desperately wants it straight. :)
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE everything about this outfit -- especially those shoes. They are the cutest!
Your shoes are so gorgeous. I got my demonian platform boots with patent heels today and I immidiately put them on. So comfortable. I will order something from the pleaser Dolly collection next time I need new heels :)
Your husband has very long hair, like you, now I envy you both ;). Im trying to be careful about mine and try to grow it longer.
Have a wonderful weekend you both!
Tenebris, thanks! *blush* :)
Designer Diva, thank you for your kind words!! I can imagine that foot problems are the worst. I wish I could offer advice on cool flat shoes... I know Dr. Marten's come in a couple of nice, flat Mary Jane styles. I have one such pair and they are cute, but not very dressy so I don't wear them often. My sister swears by Dansko, which are extremely comfortable and come in many really cute styles (but not in my size *sob*). I don't know about the widths for Dansko, but Dr. Marten's seem a bit wide to me (my feet are so small, I can't really say whether the shoes are wide or my feet are just too tiny!).
Madame Macabre, bright pink is one of my favorite shades to pair with black. :)
Minakitty, thank you! How cool that your husband is half Native American. He should have the potential to grow some really awesome hair then, no? ;)
RubyAlison, thanks for the sweet words. And I couldn't agree more - none of my outfits are complete without Mr. Kitty. :-D
Anonymous, ;-D
Becky, Mr. Kitty spreads male hair envy everywhere he goes. Even females hate him for it. It's extremely amusing, actually. ;) And the fishnets are by Hue. Hard to find in stores these days, but they are available at hue.com. Absolute best quality fishnets I've ever seen, hands down (and I've owned dozens of different brands in my 22 years of Goth!).
Captain Morgan, you know him: he just wanted to look Bad Ass. ;)
Le Professeur, my apologies to Ed for posting hair torment. :) And thank you!
linnea-maria, I hope you'll be featuring your new boots on your blog. I'd love to see them! I have my eye on a Demonia pair, too. Yes, you MUST try the Pleaser Dolly line. My favorites ever!!
Hi,
I've been following* you for a few weeks now and just have to say that you two are adorable. My SO is always thought to be Native American, too (we're both Mexican), and he also has long hair and the same facial hair as your husband. We have good taste. ;) lol
That skirt is too beautiful. I love the lace detail. I'll have to stop at Frederick's the next time I'm at mall. I also work in a corporate environment and find your outfits inspiring. :) I need to accessorize more!
-D
*I found you through The Ultimate Goth Guide.
Handsome as always. Nice to see "Mr. Kitty" on here at last. Those shoes are fantastic!
princesadeplata, thank you for visiting my blog! I'm so glad you've been enjoying it. Ultimate Goth Guide is such an awesome blog, and Amy is adorable. I'm honored to attract some of her readers! And yes, we do have good taste. I admit, dark men with long hair were always my "type." :) I bought this skirt from Frederick's about a year ago, so I don't know if they still carry it. Also I find in our mall store they really only carry the lingerie, not any actual clothing (I order their clothes online)... But we have a mediocre mall in a small town so maybe bigger Frederick's stores offer more.
BettyZade, I'll pass your compliment along. He recently told me he likes being featured in my blog, "but not too often." Lol!
YAY MR KITTY TOO! You guys are a GORGEOUS COUPLE!!!! And I think the pink top looks great w/ the shoes.
I LOVE the skirt! The shape is elegant and the lace make it less dull (not sure that's the correct word, I mean it makes the skirt less "simple").
Post a Comment