Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Magenta Skirt, Take Two.

Click photos for larger view.


I finally got around to re-styling the controversial magenta skirt. Some of you loved my last attempt, others clearly didn’t, but it sure did get your attention either way. :) This time, I stuck with all black for the rest of the outfit, including my accessories.


Check out my sloppiness! See how the bottom edge of the black cami is peeking out beneath my lace top? For shame, VictorianKitty! Bad fashion blogger!! I didn’t notice this until I got to work.

So, do you like this skirt better with a black top and tights, or did you prefer it with the pink tights and cami? Or do you hate it both ways? ;-D

11 comments:

SarahWalrus said...

Not that this isn't a great outfit but I really do prefer the pink and black with the skirt. I think it worked perfectly to smooth in the skirt rather than contrast it like this outfit. :3

Anonymous said...

I agree with SaryWalrus, I liked it the other way. I feel like something is missing in this outfit ... maybe a sweater or jacket? My eye is resting on the cami and wants more. I don't know. I think I would like to see this outfit (the one you restyled) with another element.

I really love that skirt: how it moves and falls. It's such a beautiful color!

Traicetrak said...

I think you have a Goldilocks situation going on with this skirt. I have a feeling the "just right" outfit for it is still out there somewhere. This one, while nice & classy, seems a little bland, especially compared with the other. (The other's varying shades of pink perplexed me, though) I think I'd love seeing this skirt paired with basic black items that have some pink detailing. I thought I remembered you wearing a pair of black shoes once with pink ribbon detail, but I don't see it now. Something like that, though. A magenta flower in your hair.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

SaryWalrus, I agree. I really liked the other version. This one just seems boring by comparison. :)

Le Professeur, good point. I initially liked the simplicity of this look, but after seeing the photos I was very Meh. A blazer or shrug might help...

Traicetrak, well said. :) Thank you for reminding me about those shoes! I forgot I had them (I know, how can I forget about bright magenta shoes!?). I'll have to see if they are a similar shade to the skirt. And definitely a magenta flower! That would be perfect.

Anonymous said...

I've been really looking at this ... perhaps the textures are too similar? Maybe if you add a textured blazer with a dramatic pin that has pink stones? Or a flowered pin? Change the necklace for one of your exquisite lace chokers? Or a black pearl choker?

Anonymous said...

I personally like it better with all black for the pop of color it provides. It's simple and classicly elegant. I do think a blazer would pull the outfit together, tho'--but I do have a healthy obsession with blazers. Velvet maybe for texture as Le Professeur suggested? :)

And I have to add that I love your collection of mary janes. I wish I felt comfortable walking in 3"+ heels! I'm a wimp.

Sailor July said...

Gorgeous! I love the pop of color. I love both this outfit and the one you had posted before - it's all about what YOU feel comfortable in, too!!!

You look fantabulous either way. ;)

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Wow, you ladies are challenging me on this one! I love all the wonderful suggestions! :)

Le Professeur, I love the blazer/pin idea. I don't have a pin with pink stones, which means you just gave me a good reason to go ... SHOPPING! :-D

princesadeplata, two votes for a blazer! Consider it done. :) I do have one in black crushed velvet... Oh, and heels do take a lot of getting used to. You're not a wimp at all! Probably just smart. ;)

Angie, thanks! I really like it both ways, although I agree with others that this second variation could be more interesting. Fantabulous is a great word! :-D

RubyAlison said...

I have to say that I personally like the simplicity of this outfit. It is still has your usual classy and sophisticated look. The magenta is a very pretty color and I like it balanced out with all black. I think understated is really nice sometimes. I feel like you could go just about anywhere in this outfit.

Madame Macabre said...

I prefer this one. It looks more structured than the other one. I think the skirt stands up better with black top and black tights. The mix of margenta and pink... mmm... not for me ;). You look pretty sophiscticated with this look, and the pendant is really nice.

J.Bane said...

The top and skirt look great together. I think it's the tights keeping this from being a "wow" outfit. Along the lines of what Le Professeur said, maybe the textures of the skirt and tights are too similar. I might try black tights in an openwork pattern.