Click photos for larger view.
Mr. Kitty and I headed out to Scottsdale, AZ to meet some dear friends for dinner back in August. Ironically, none of us are from, or live in (or anywhere near) Scottsdale… But they live so very far from us, and were staying at a resort out there for a seminar. We thought it would be a perfect opportunity to spend some time together.
Okay, so the title of this post is a little misleading, because I didn’t actually get any photos of what I wore en-route. I really did try, but everything conspired against me, starting with running late the morning we left and ending with getting quite ill due to the extreme heat and humidity in AZ the morning we headed home (this was back in late August). However, in between I did capture the outfit I wore to dinner. We had to rely on flash in the dimly-lit hotel room, and forgot the camera when we went to dinner, so please excuse the condition of my photos this time. A quick conversion to black and white hides some of the flaws, or at least that is what I am telling myself. :)
This dress is from Frederick’s. It’s just jersey knit, so I knew it would pack nicely and not wrinkle; yet the styling is just elegant enough with a touch of vintage flair. How much do you love those buttons all the way down the front?! My choker is from Target and was one of the necklaces I wore for my Movie Monday Tribute to Film Noir. The pendant is from Avon, and the bracelets were made by me. Flesh-tone fishnets are by Hue.
I thought I would be safe wearing my hair down for this trip but as I mentioned, the humidity in AZ was astonishing so I was covered in frizz. And I thought Arizona was supposed to be even drier than So Cal… I don’t know whether these conditions are the norm, but suffice to say I have little inclination to ever returning to that state for any reason whatsoever! Except for good friends. Good friends are always worth it (and the Mexican food was phenomenal).
What’s the longest trip you’ve ever made just for a short get-together?



6 comments:
Its very wise to pack something comfy and yet nice looking when travelling. I've never gone abroad to visit a friend but I followed a friend to England to visit hers.that was nine days of instant party and spending time on the subway.London is huge.
I love all of the buttons down the front! Jersey knit dresses are the best for travel. My sister brought one with her to Europe from Victoria Secret and she looked Marilyn Monroe stunning the entire time. Me... well, I usually looked more like the not quite clean and put-together backpackers that we actually were. And my cotton/polyester dress was just a little too cold for some nights out. :-P
You are so incredibly graceful!
You look gorgeous on your knit dress. I think the buttons are the definitive touch. It´s nice to feel glamurous when travelling, I try to do so but the vast majority of times I don´t plan it with time enough.
*gasp* That is a gorgeous necklace! And northern AZ is quite pleasant, silly girl. SCOTTSDALE? LOL!
(She came to AZ and didn't tell me? /cry)
Ahem. =] Why the lol, Betty?
Post a Comment