Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Purple Silk Ruffles

Click photos for larger view.


Thank you, Bebe, for having just one season where you produced a plethora of gorgeous silk blouses! And thank you, Bebe customers with no taste, for not buying them so that they ended up going majorly on sale at the end of that season. I have four silk blouses from Bebe as a result! I wore the black one on a shopping trip a while back. This is one of two purples; you’ll see the other one eventually, but it is tricky to iron so don’t hold your breath! ;) The fourth is sheer silk chiffon in pink, which I will be wearing very soon.

No, I didn’t actually stand in this pose at any point
while wearing this outfit at work. :)

I’ve worn this sheer, asymmetrical wrap skirt before. I really love how it works with this blouse.  The necklace was a gift from Mr. Kitty for our "Day We Met" anniversary back in March.


Of course, you’ve seen these shoes many times.  Six-strap peep toe patent stilettos from Victoria's Secret! This was one of my favorite pairs for the summer.  I'll miss them when the weather finally does start to cool down, so I had to be sure and get them in one more time!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That blouse is to die for: 1. it fits you beautifully, 2. it was on sale (HUZZAH!), 3. that color looks amazing on you -- a perfect purple. I have to say, I really like you in purple. It's gorgeous next to your complexion and it makes your eyes pop. And I agree, I love the way the blouse compliments this skirt. With your hair down you look all flowing and ethereal.

It's so cold in NYC right now that the thought of an open toe show sends shivers down my spine! And to think, just last week I was complaining that it was hot again. hehehe ... Today is going to be a good day to bust out a jacket or sweater! brrrr!

Hellcat said...

Purple is one of my favorite colors and I love this blouse. There is nothing like silk to make us feel ladylike and gothy (especially ruffles and silk) when we are having to look somewhat normal for work. Great choice.

Hellcat said...

@ Le Professeur Gothique
The horrid thing about where I live (in central california) is that we never know how to dress at this time of year. It can be chilly in the morning and we put on sweaters then by afternoon it warms up and we are sweltering in that same sweater. We never have much of a spring or fall cause it turns from cold to hot or vice versa over night seemingly.

Sal said...

Oh, I love purple, too! :)
This outfit looks great.
Which nail polish do you wear in these pictures? I like it a lot.

GothBarbie said...

Love the pose - your hair looks so gothy and great! This is a gorgeous outfit - love how everything is working together! So glad I have such a stylish blogger to follow!

The Phantom Cat said...

I'm in love with this outfit (/all your outfits)! It's a gorgeous shade of purple and I agree with Le Professeur Gothique- purple is stunning with your complexion. I love the swishy softness of the skirt paired with the ruffled blouse, it's a very elegant and feminine combination! Those shoes are PERFECT with that outfit! :)

Lu said...

Ooooh so beautiful! This is definitely an outfit I'd love to wear myself!

Kamyria said...

Oh, I love purple! You look gorgeous! :)

Snowhyte said...

Lovely as always, I LOVE those shoes, and the blouse details really make it a standout piece. Looks great. Beautiful shade of purple as well!

Sherry said...

And that slight smile in the first photo says, "Look at how I SCORED!!"
So lovely!

Peace,
Sherry

Sunduri Das said...

I love this color on you. This outfit has a playful quality in it which is nice.

Violette B. said...

Great outfit, indeed!
I also enjoyed your post about tone style down for job. As a teacher I depend on common sense in relation to aesthetics, as long as I teach to small kids.

I really appreciate your blog, I hope you still writting so many wonderful advices.

Regards!

Violette B.

http://castitatislillium.blogspot.com

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Le Professeur, thank you!! #3 must be why I love this color so much. Sorry to hear you are freezing in NYC already (although fall and winter clothes can be more fun than summer ones)! We're about to hit triple digits again this weekend. *sigh*

Hellcat, yay for purple!! I totally agree; silk really does make one feel special. I wish I had more, but it's sometimes rare to find it on sale. And we have the same trouble here in SoCal - bi-polar weather, for sure!!!

Sal, I *think* this is OPI Sparkle-icious over an old Sally Hansen Chrome in purple (Sally Hansen sadly doesn't make the Chrome line anymore!). I say I *think*, because I have about 100 nail polishes (literally) and some are so similar I forget which one I just used... It's a sickness! ;)

GothBarbie, thanks! Sometimes I try to do "hair showcasing" poses, as you can probably tell. lol!

Irish Phantom Cat, thank you, sweetie! I'm glad you are enjoying my outfits. :) I'm also glad to hear the shoes are a good match. Sometimes I feel these shoes are too "edgy" for a soft, romantic outfit... But I love them so it's worth taking a chance! ;)

Lulu, thanks! That's the best kind of compliment!

Kamyria, aww, thank you!

Snowhyte, you are too sweet. I'm obsessed with purple, especially almost-bright-but-still-jewel-tones. :-D

Sherry, you read the smile correctly. ;)

Sunduri, it's an awesome color, isn't it? It really does bring out the sass. ;)

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Violette, thank you for that wonderful comment! Knowing people appreciate my work here really makes me continue to enjoy it. I do have more articles planned, to help break up the outfit posts. Stay tuned! :)

Unknown said...

That is a stunning shade of purple! You look amazing, as always.

Unknown said...

What a lovely, romantic outfit for the office. You look great in purple.