Click photos for larger view.
Yes, it's time for another "fail" outfit today! Usually when I get it into my head that something isn't comfortable to wear and ignore it for months and years, I turn out to have been completely wrong and end up loving the piece. That was not the case with this outfit. I had been ignoring this blouse for ages because it's a bit snug without the slightest big of stretch. Even worse, it's cut very short. I can't stand it when I sit down and my lower back pops out (unless it's intentional of course). I had the foresight to wear a very long cami underneath, but after 11 hours in this blouse I was just sick of it. I really love how it looks in the photos, but wearing it didn't make me happy. And I felt self-conscious all day long because I figured it was obvious that the reason I didn't have it buttoned up all the way was because it would not button up all the way... *blush* I actually tossed it in the trash when I got home! * I'm keeping my eyes open for a similar blouse that might be a better fit, featuring the metallic threads, short sleeves and tiny pockets. If you see something, let me know!
To add to my discomfort, these bangles from H&M had nearly sawed my hand off by the time I finished taking the photos. I ditched them before I even left the house. That is a true shame, because I simply adore them. I am trying to figure out a way to insert a cushy lining in them, so there is still hope! I might try to get crafty with spray glue and some felt... Anyway, at least the long multi-strand necklace from Target (bought on sale) is a keeper, along with my trusty beaded Y necklace with cross from random accessory store.
Do you guys have any jewelry that is uncomfortable? What do you do about it?
* I do usually donate my unwanted clothing to Goodwill (which turns out to be quite a bit), but in this case I was so irritated with this thing by the time I got home. Yes, I took my frustration out on the blouse. :)


8 comments:
Well, if it does not fit, don't keep it, but don't throw it out - that's a waste! Give it a charity shop if they have them or sell it on e-bay. There'll be someone out there who it would fit into that perfectly and love it, as it's quite nice as a blouse.
For jewelry that doesn't fit, like your bangles, I use a very fine file to file down rough/sharp/pointy edges.
Either that or I stash it away to some day be slaughtered and used in a put-together-project...
I had bangles like yours, I bought the softest sanding paper in the diy shop and sanded them a bit. There was another one that left green stains on my skin, so I added a thin cotton layer to on the bottom...I had rings that hurt my fingers, I kept them, but I couldn't figure out anything...
By the way, I've just started to browse my wardrobe and toss away the pieces I haven't worn in a year...I'm trying to be strict, but I'm so sorry for those clothes...
The blouse looks really nice but if it's not comfy, you did the right thing to toss it away. You always have so nice jewelry, I love your cross necklaces they are all beautiful. It's almost impossible to find decent quality cross necklaces here.
I was wearing a sharp black-and-white pinstripe button-up shirt today. Loved it. As I said, it was very sharp looking, very crisp. But a little too stiff. And also, one of the buttons was fighting against the strain of the top due to my *ahem* bust. Solution: wearing a black undershirt underneath it next time!
I dress for comfort most of the time, and it;s true that people can be a little more irritable during the day when they wear uncomfortable clothing. And I have a feeling you'll be able to save the bangles: it shouldn't be too hard to DIY it.
Such a gorgeous outfit - I especially love the crucifix and your hair looks stunning.
It's a shame the blouse does not fit - it looks rather nice - but you shouldn't wear it if it does not fit.
When things do not fit me, I either give them to a charity shop, or cut them up to create other outfits. You could try doing that.
It's a shame that blouse was as tight as you say, because it really is quite pretty and looked complete with your cami. But if you must put your foot down, let no one stop you except to take it off your hands into a more fitting closet, haha. ^_^ Interesting you mention H&M bracelets, too, for the mother-person just had to send some back, for being too small. Bracelets are tricky sometimes, I wager.
I made a single earing out of a spare hook, piece of bracelet, and coiled copper wire, with the intent to hang things off the coil. During the holidays, a standard ornamental round bell is hung on it, and the first thing anyone wants to do is hit it. Which yanks on my ear terribly. I have ninja reflexes and usually swat incoming hands away, explaining what will happen, but it also occurs when I swing my head too fast [along with a nice smack to the temple]. I've learn to accept it. And never look around for any reason.
I hate jewelry, it feels so uncomfortable and way too much!
I have a Thomas Sabo bracelet on my left wrist, but I've been wearing it for like 2 years, so it's not that annoying anymore.
I can maybe wear spiked wristbands without being annoyed, but I have eczema, so that doesn't really work either.
Necklaces are okay, though. Waiting for an Alchemy Gothic necklace to arrive in the mail now!
And don't get me started on rings..
Post a Comment