I wasn’t thrilled with this outfit, but I thought I should share my fashion failures just the same to keep it interesting. :) I love this strapless top. It’s cotton with a thick lace overlay and a lace tie in the back. However, this skirt never fails to disappoint me. It’s just too fluffy around the middle, and it really needs to be a couple of inches shorter. I wore it once before and it worked slightly better, but I think I had it hiked up that time… I think this skirt will become a “strictly around the house on chores day” skirt. Although I’ve been known to wear much cuter things even under those conditions… Maybe it’ll be a sick day skirt. :) Cat hair doesn't stick to it, which is a good thing when you don't feel well and just want to snuggle with the furry ones all day!
Don’t ask me what’s up with the half-on-half-off shrug. I have no idea what my reasoning was there, except it was still quite warm out (yay for California!) and I was only wearing it to keep the sun off during errands. I guess for the photos I couldn’t decide what to do with it. Lol!
![]() |
| Perseus really has the sweetest face ever, but he’s quite angry here… |
Despite being twin brothers, these boys couldn’t be more different in terms of personality. While Prometheus is all about love, Perseus is the adventurous one (really living up to his name!). He’s very loving as well, but with a shorter attention span. The best adjective for him is “spirited.” That’s the nice way to say he gets in trouble all the time. :) It really tried my patience at first, but as he’s matured and we’ve fully bonded I’ve learned to love him for his “yeah, I broke that, but aren’t I adorable” attitude. And now everything in our house is glued down with earthquake putty. EVERYTHING.
Perseus is also the charismatic one, greeting everyone at the door and tripping them with ankle rubs. Prometheus, on the other hand, has to get to know you a bit before he smothers you with affection.
Here’s another great necklace that was a gift from Mr. Kitty, and a choker made from a scrap of fancy trim from the fabric store. I’m also wearing a Morgana Cryptoria lip balm in Diabolical Druscilla. Out of the five colors I discussed for my review, this one is my favorite. It also wears the longest and fades the most evenly.
OUTTAKE: This is what happens when a Maine Coon gets mad and doesn’t want his photo taken!
So who's your favorite? Perseus or Prometheus?





20 comments:
Those are beautiful cats! I had no idea how big Maine Coons could get. Do you have trouble with cat hair and black clothing? I would very surprised if not. lol.
OMG, that is one BIG CAT! :D He is gorgeous! You must have problems with cat hair and black outfits, I know I do. I have 3 separate lint rollers to help me with this: One upstairs, one on main floor and one in my purse.
me wants that kitty !
Hahaha on the half-on/half-off shrug, because I thought it was your DIY armwarmers! It's possible something you're seeing isn't coming across in the pictures (because full black is so hard to photograph), but I love this outfit and see nothing wrong with the skirt. Not a failure at all! (In fact, if you dislike it that much, you can send it on over to me, k.thanks.) ;^P
Now, on the kittehs ... who can choose?!! I just love their work in photobombing. In fact, I'm hoping to learn a thing or two.
Amazing outift, I love the gloves, the top and the necklace... :O
And what the GIANT and cute cat o.o'
Awwwh so cute! And you're lovely as well of course ;)
They both are beautiful, but I prefer the calmer, more loving kitties. We've just got a Persian yesterday, he is just adorable, very playful, but doesn't make any mess, just comes to cuddle, play a bit, then goes to sleep every two or three hours, if we leave him alone, he just rests a bit. :)Of course, he's still a kitten, he'll sleep less as the time passes and he grows, I know. ^^
On the outfit; It's not a fail, but I agree with you about the skirt. The top is beautiful. :)
Definitely not a fan of the skirt. Couldn't see enough of that shrug to decided if I liked it. Love the top!
I think I like Prometheus better, although I am not really sure I have a reason why. it seems so hard to judge pets that you have never met before!
Nosnin, YES! lol. I have lint rollers stashed throughout the house and in the cars. :)
Kamyria, see above. ;-D I order my lint rollers in 12-packs from Amazon! We go through 2 12-packs per year. Insane!
Hoshii, well, you can't have *this* one: he's mine! ;)
Traicetrak, lol! Kitties always want to be center of attention during photo sessions. I hope the details are showing somewhat in my black on black outfits! I have decent studio lighting and I can see details on my monitor, but all screens are different.
Lamentful Miss, thanks! :) Perseus is indeed a cutie.
Julietslace, lol! Thanks from both Perseus and me.
Lynoire, I tend to agree. Congratulations on the new kitten; I bet he is just adorable!! You are lucky to have a new kitten who doesn't make messes - Perseus was like a tornado when we first got him. ;) I hope you will feature some kitten photos on your blog! :)
Unlacing, the shrug is nothing special - very plain and functional for sun protection. :) Good point about judging the cats; they even look so similar, but some people have expressed strong opinions about each based on their eyes, etc. Just curious if that carried over through photos online. :)
Your cats are really huge! I would have loved to have a cat again, but sadly Johan is allergic (if he wasn't I guess he would like to have one as well). Wy don't they have earthquake putty in Sweden?! We have clumpsy cats here as well! One of the cats I owned was very lithesome except when she wanted some attention and suddenly got very clumpsy.
Oh, I just love your cats. One day, after my current darlings pass on I think I shall have one. It's the closest I'll ever get to having a tiger, haha...
Rock on babes. // CeeCee
Mmmm leos.
/blink oh, yes. Perseus wins the contest on expression! His face says "I'll kill you later."
i loved her photos *O* her cat is very cute XD
I loved her shoes too
http://walking--with--strangers.blogspot.com/
IIh!! I looove the cat and the necklaces!
I don't have a favorite - they are both so cute!
Both cats are beautiful. I can't say I can tell them apart, though.
I like your skirt. I know you've said that you don't like tucking tops in, but I think this skirt would benefit from it and from adding a belt, too.
linnea-maria, it's sad that Johan is allergic. :( Maybe someday his allergy will go away (I hear they change throughout your lifetime).
CeeCee, lol! We call these guys our miniature white tigers. :)
High Arka, yes... That is exactly what he is saying. Or at the very least, "I'll break the lightbulbs in both of the bedroom lamps later."
Anuciante, thank you! :)
Catharina, thanks! The kitties are always a big hit on my blog. :)
Sal, that's how I feel most of the time. :-D
princesadeplata, I was wondering if anyone would answer that they can't tell them apart. Sometimes WE still have a hard time with that, when they are being naughty and all we can see is the back end. :) Thanks for your suggestion on a tucked-in top and belt. I think you are on to something there!
This outfit makes me want to go to the ren faire! Awesome, thanks!
Gorgeous giant kitties! couldn't possibly pick a favourite, i love all kitties with their unique characters!
Post a Comment