Click photos for larger view.
Here’s another Venus find that required some alterations. I’m starting to suspect that they have recently modified their sizes, as the XS used to always fit me perfectly and now in my latest order everything is too big in the sides. Anyway, it was worth the effort because the stripes are so fun, as is the ruffle down the placket. The best part is the zipper closure, which, unlike buttons, prevents any kind of gaping in the front.
Today I'm wearing the simple side bun with gray hair flower, one of the styles I featured in my Simple Hairstyles post.
Grey tights turned out to be a perfect match for this blouse, along with my trusty black satin pencil skirt that I wore a while back.
Check out the cool wide cuffs with cufflink detail.
I’m looking forward to pairing this top with my Daytime Satin long skirt, in hopes of the top making the skirt look a bit more casual.
Have you ever found trusted clothing companies to suddenly change their sizing?





14 comments:
I LOVE the shirt! :)
Grey on grey... very interesting and beautiful!! I'm in love with this shirt!!
That shirt is pretty amazing- I love the cuff detail!
Great outfit. Grey and black is one of my favorite color combinations. I like the look of colored tights with black skirt and black shoes. :)
That shirt is so pretty!
Oooh and it looks like the still have it! I might get one of these too ^_^
Oooh, this outfit made me SQUEEE!! What a fun shirt! But I like the whole look. Well done, miss!
I absolutely love this blouse! Boy, it's all in the details -- ruffles, zipper, cuffs, OH MY! Very nice.
Yes, I found quite a few companies change their sizing over the past year or so. I think it has a lot to do with where they are getting the items manufactured and the dye lot of the fabric. For example, I noticed Made in Mexico jeans are much smaller and the cotton is a lot stiffer than Made in Jordan. Weird, but true.
O.o...excuse me, I will be back shortly after drooling over that blouse for fifteen minutes. Strrriiiiipes...it's amazing. And you, as always, styled it impeccably-I'm so happy to see I'm not the only person who wears charcoal grey tights, I was starting to think I was!
I love the shirt. So beautiful!
Thank you, ladies! Yes, this is one of Venus' best designs ever. I must say they are evolving in an interesting direction right now, with several pseudo-vintage dress styles (their dresses are still too short to be considered classy, but an interesting direction none the less) and some fairly nice business wear (very little, but I'm hoping to see more in the future).
Awesome outfit! I love that combination and the stripes!
Taking in an XS? You're positively pocket-sized! Of course, I'm also 5"11 and 185 pounds, so I think most people are pocket sized...
I've been looking for a stripy blouse like this for a while! It's such a striking look; and you've matched it perfectly with that sexy skirt.
Seriously, how do your male co-workers get anything done with you around?? :P
Post a Comment