Click photos for larger view.
So I see that my camera is still too dark on the blacks. These photos are corrected in Photoshop, but it sure would save me some time if I could use them straight off the camera. The focus issues are somewhat corrected using the lighter-colored backdrop, but I'm not crazy about the white. I'll have to find something in between...
This cute skirt was a bit of a project. It was originally a dress, ordered from Newport News. The dress was a terrible fit on me, but as usual I never got around to sending it back. Three or four years later, I finally converted it into a skirt. Now I just love it!
The necklace and bracelet are handmade by me from Swarovski components. I absolutely adore their glass pearls. They come in so many colors, and are much higher quality than any other faux pearls I've seen. I'd like to get some in a more natural pearl color, for the classic vintage romantic look. I'll have to keep my eyes out for the next Gem and Bead Show, as they usually have the best prices!The shoes are Newport News as well. You can barely see, but they have a little patent bow on the front. The top is New York and Co. I don't think it's my most flattering top, but I love the feminine details of the chiffon rosettes and the little chiffon drape in the front.

4 comments:
I love that necklace. How cute!!
The skirt is lovely (the necklace too). How cool that you were able to remake the dress into a skirt!
Very cute! Your outfit has an old-world feel to it that I positively love (actually, your entire style does). It feels very quaintrelle, but in a dark way. I love it!
Thanks, Joy! I'm often a bit of a hack with the sewing machine, but I get the job done. ;)
Toriberry, that's a very nice compliment! Thank you so much. :)
Post a Comment