Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Few Clubby Things...


Gothic Club Clothes

I had written a clever and witty post to go along with these photos.  I saved it as a draft, then went back later to make some finishing touches and post it.  In doing so, Blogger ate my post.  Wiped the whole thing clean and left me staring at a blank white screen.  Of course, it was kind enough to auto-save immediately after doing so, leaving me no way to retrieve my masterpiece.

Rather than attempt to re-write the whole post, I'll get straight to the point.

We have reluctantly put the Goth clubs on the back burner for a couple of months for several reasons (not that we normally go out every night, or even every week...).  I didn't want to leave such an important part of my blog totally empty, so here are some semi-recent photos taken by our local club photographers to fill the void until we're back in the scene!

Ultimately I will be doing studio shots of my club outfits so you will be able to see them much better than these "wearing black in the dark" shots.  :)

Goth Club Fashion


Goth Corset


Dark Vintage Fashion

5 comments:

Joy said...

Stunning photos - what a gorgeous couple.

How frustrating when losing a post like that!

Incidentally, you have the most beautiful eyebrows (and eyes as well!) I'm focusing on your brows because that's how I want mine -- the arch is perfect. Do you use a pencil -- if you don't mind me asking?

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Joy, you just paid me the best compliment possible! I am a huge fan of well-groomed eyebrows and secretly take pride in mine. ;) I do color them in with a fairly stiff brow brush (damp) and black eyeshadow.

I created the arch originally by tracing my existing brows on tracing paper, then I drew in the shape I wanted to make a template. Then I cut that out and used it to pluck. Kinda OCD, I know, but I was happy with the results. I don't do threading or waxing; just a little daily maintenance with the tweezers.

Joy said...

I'm seriously impressed! I think I need to invest in brow powder (my brows are a bit too thin to work with). Thank you for sharing your tips & secrets!

Well-defined, nicely arched brows like yours are a rarity it seems - lovely.

Audronasha said...

I like your look in the first photo. It's just perfect :)

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Ooh, that's a very nice compliment, Audronasha. :) I have a better photo of that outfit; I will probably blog about it on a slow weekend sometime.