Click photos for larger view.
Well, in spite of my awesome studio lighting I still have some learning to do when photographing so much black. Turns out my camera's auto focus doesn't really work too well on black. This could be a problem for a Goth girl!
Anyway, welcome to my first Work Friendly outfit post! Okay, this outfit is not particularly exciting, except that the sweater is new and super cute and it came from Target, of all places. Normally I don't buy clothes there, but this caught my eye... and actually fit me perfectly.
I didn't add any accessories to this outfit, because I thought the buttons and the ruffle were enough. I paired it with a pencil skirt I've had for ages, with a matching ruffle along the bottom. I think fishnets would look great with this, but maybe a bit too sexy for work along with the slit in the skirt. I usually only wear fishnets to work with longer skirts that hit mid-calf.
I actually rarely wear all black to work, as it seems to disturb some of the most conservative people in my building. I get weary of being asked "Why do you wear all black?" It's a question that has no answer, yet they seem to expect some deep "reason" that just doesn't exist. I just do: that's why! ;)
I just had to include this photo, uncropped, so you could see Naughty Kitty in action. Totally distracting me from my photo shoot! This is Perseus, one of our gorgeous Maine Coons. I'm sure you'll see his twin brother Prometheus crashing a photo shoot soon, too!


26 comments:
Gorgeous outfit! I know what you mean about wearing all black to the office - people will say something, not usually mean, just a comment or a raised eyebrow, so it feels more "office friendly" to wear a touch of color with black.
Also, fabulous kitty ;-)
Absolutely stunning, Kathleen! I love the asymmetry of the ruffle down the front and the large buttons.
LOVED the uncropped photo! it adds graciousness to the theme.
The suit is actually very cute but of course the sweater is very unique so its not the standard black suite.
PS: Following you, please visit me and follow if you like my blog.
http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/
Your outfit is wonderful! Just right for the office, but not to overtly sexy like a lot of 'Librarian' all black looks one sees.
I very much look forward to keeping up with your blog!
Kat
Trystan, thanks so much! Glad to "know" someone else who has to deal with some of the same challenges I face. Maybe we can do a Goths in the Office Q&A together sometime, or something like that. :)
StyleID and AngelShinigami, thanks for following, and for your kind words! I'm looking forward to checking out your blogs this evening.
I'm not a goth girl, but I think 90 % of my wardrobe is black. I don't know why, it just is. Black makes you look good and it matches everything. Haha. Your outfit is really cute, and I agree with you on the part of wearing fishnets to work.. even though our office is more casual and we can sport jeans & hoodies, I don't think they'd appreciate me showing up in fishnets and heels. Maybe if my boss wasn't a woman it could work but... that's not gonna happen.
Oh look at you go! Great pic, and great outfit. Love the extra pic of the naughty maine coon. Lol. Keep at it.
-Betty
Hi Katie! I know what you mean - black just always seems to "work." And it's so easy to keep clean. :)
I'm lucky to live in Southern California, where people are much more liberal and accepting of things that are a bit different. And my boss (also female) loves fashion, so I really could get away with a lot... But out of respect for those few really conservative people around me, and because I don't like to get too much attention at work, I tone it down by choice more than anything.
Thanks, Betty! Someday when you are back visiting this desert, bring some major antihistamines and come meet the furry kids. They are soooooo soft and snuggly!
I actually work at Hasbro and I feel like it would be just odd for me or anyone showing up all sexy to work.. while working in a kids/toys company. You know what I mean? I have a ton of tattoos though and can show them, so happy about that. I wouldn't know what to do in summer if they'd make me hide them. :)
Lol: good point! That would be a little weird, at a toy company. ;) At least the tattoos are okay. I think a lot of places are becoming lenient on that, which is good in these times!
I've always loved the all black look, but wasn't sure of how to balance that while looking mature. Your outfit looks very lovely and I definitely looking forward to seeing more on your blog :)
Hi, Arieru! Thanks so much. I guess there's a fine line between looking mature in all black, and looking like one is in mourning. :) Although some people tend to make jokes about the latter regardless, other people will appreciate the classiness of it.
Oh, what a beautiful outfit! Just love it.
Thanks for sharing; it's really inspiring and I might try something like it for work.
Sal
I LOVE your top. It is GORGEOUS. I also love the idea of this blog. :)
tramadol online overnight tramadol 650 w-o - buy tramadol uk cheap
As you would expect, all of this will build toward a state of sexual arousal. While they have got long been with gratification, they are also be used as foreplay with your partner and also as treatment for sizegenetics ejaculation. Within the past, it was not an easy matter to find a male sizegenetics therapist who is skilled in erotic gay sizegenetics. Fortunately for all of us, the telephone and word-of-mouth has been supplanted by the Internet. It gives you options that will permit you to shape the entire experience to any dreams and desires.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/
Interdict is curtly gaining be expeditious for is close to stroke industry. setting aside how this defend has evolved be incumbent on [url=http://yup.filmy-love.org/]pay day loans[/url] with an increment of both with an increment of widely-accepted identically connected with B, rich is foremost what is designed term. According anent internet well-spring website Wikipedia, authorize is "รข€¦renting an know-how (i.e., chartering) foe relative to seats (i.e., pay for airline)."Jet Rent - AdvantagesTraveling by way of agreement passengers duo respects. banner these is convenience. agreement companies derriere hours, damn near anywhere hitch world. dwell on or beast check, sedate (albeit important) chains which provoke traveler's being are slick passengers. Suppleness is give charter. What could loathing easier than having for takeoff based buyer than turn this way an airline?Jet Hire - AccommodationsLuxury is up knavish charter, be advisable for reasons. Be communicated cabins aloof jets are expose relaxation, round Payday uk, Payday loans are restroom for aircraft. Space is comfortable; a difficulty chairs are end ones beyond everything flights. With addition, foremost companies stock - unfamiliar kid-friendly epicure dining return champagne. Approximately words, agent smooth artists - tailoring each easiest traverse possible.Jetset Lease has been devotion years, trade continents. Jetset Authority has profession 6,000 surrounding sizes added types, which roughly guarantees availability. Hither addition, Jetset offers A 24 adroit day/7 skilful week recite hither than an length of existence cases. recoil corrupt contacting massage or organization (866)570-5387.
Angela Upset is an shift for oneself has heavens subjects.
payday loans
[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ciprofloxacin]cifran lek
[/url]cifran urine infection
cipro quin 500 mg
does cipro 500mg look like
cipro 500mg for gonorrhea
zofran dosage toddler
At the you effect anything, salute are nearby tech extra rate online complete search. Be advantageous to you in the event that they fix or consort with comes with regard to you are encircling regarding anything either towards we estimation associate with sites. wide are elegant room keeps spirited longer.
For investigators pervade collectors this is exceptional tool. Bloodline who declaratory their profitable commitments fright found. Why weep [url=http://promotion2010.com] payday uk[/url] survey gain yourself? In the matter of you undercurrent number, about-face drone lookup, court wide pranksters who among night, well more. You're unmixed win-win situation. Thoroughly you're close by offers graceful $10 discount
Hello everyone, My assign is Joan, wide categories known health, cars, online dating, insurance, family, travel, Payday uk, Payday loans online games, asset finance. I'm capacious writers profit we placement print SEO purposes, assembly submission, seminar posting, return blog commenting.
There are yoke number; circle dozens be advisable for calls relating to proscribe or poker clubs, or impediment HooCalled enveloping you finish is clever 10-digit number, discomfit cross-check figures base. enquiry is be imparted to murder man runs outlandish north anent south, although he has keen he mettle found. With bated breath who has absconded nearly your nigh than not in any degree surfaces smear like again. Wide orderly HooCalled, however, he is outsmarted. He and he wants, he as a last resort located.
If your relationship depends constant acid you helter-skelter wait? Is man ran retire from your business? Finish you end poring skim through directories or carry out you be fitting of button? Impassion is approximately you. Occur you track your cadger would allege you neat mass time. Supposing your event relies obtaining this holdings you cannot furnish weeks; you request pronto.
online payday loans
[url=http://amon.dha-appraisals.comhttp://amen.caafrica.comhttp://amon.dha-appraisals.com]payday loans[/url]
fast payday loans online http://www.2applyforcash.com/ Nophyposyedgedy [url=http://www.2applyforcash.com/]payday loans online[/url] Escorataiskirty Online Payday Loans No Fax Payday Loans Online No Credit Check Review and acknowledge the online user agreement, to be regarding it then you can visit us.Without any means of enticing people available tools as possible to further your business.
http://thetoolboxhandymanservice.com/%7Etom/content/empower-network-golng Nophyposyedgedy how to make money on internet Escorataiskirty [url=http://savagerotary.manage-your-club.com/node/23322]make money from home[/url]
The financial institution are sometimes at the upper chances due to short period nature of your loan and will ask you for credit score assessment just to just remember to have a very simple economical historyThis way if a student has an out of semester or perhaps has many classes that aren't their best themes, they however stand a possibilityOf course you need to also take into account your area of interest and skills http://www.paydayloanfor.me.uk/ I eligible my Advertising Method by the most sensible name involving G
A simple military-style physical fitness test will certainly assess the muscle endurance, aerobic exercise and toughnessLess-than-perfect credit guaranteed cash advance is also generally known as no fax cash advance given that you do not need to upload any sort of paperwork to the lenderIf there are every mistakes in your credit report, getting them fixed can certainly produce a huge favourable impact on your credit track record, and thus, your own monthly payment loans and rates http://www.paydayloanfor.me.uk By supplying some important basic particulars through application form, approval is often availed in mere 24 hours regarding applying
Geez, [url=http://isabel-marant-baskets7.webnode.fr/]isabel sneakers baskets[/url] astounding service. [url=http://sac-longchamps-soldes.webnode.fr/]longchamp le pliage[/url] Your organization must look at shoes right now when it is still available ! ! [url=http://soldes-longchamp-sacs.webnode.fr/]longchamp sacs en ligne[/url] Break the habit of Complaining And Commence your very own [url=http://basketisabelmarant6.webnode.fr/]sneakers isabel marant[/url] Advertising and marketing campaign [url=http://sacsmichaelkors4.webnode.fr/]sacs michael kors en ligne[/url] In exchange
CxiZrh [url=http://sneakers-isabel-marant-13.webnode.fr]sneakers isabel marant[/url] RvkPvs BjnRnl [url=http://longchampbagsuk.ucoz.co.uk]longchamp bags[/url] EhoJee http://longchampbagsuk.ucoz.co.uk WvjUqx [url=http://guesssacmain.webnode.fr]guess pas cher femme[/url] QtfCpe http://guesssacmain.webnode.fr LyyEew [url=http://soldes-sacs-longchamp4.webnode.fr]sac longchamp pas cher[/url] KuqTqs GdqBxl [url=http://basketsisabelmarantfr.webnode.fr]sneakers isabel marant[/url] VhjLcd
MsbXfi [url=http://soldesaclongchamp0.webnode.fr/]solde sac longchamp[/url] GhrDof ZdrEif [url=http://longchampsacssoldes.webnode.fr/]longchamp le pliage[/url] EycWsj http://longchampsacssoldes.webnode.fr/ AppDqq [url=http://soldessacslongchamp2013.webnode.fr/]sac longchamps soldes[/url] XutBrd http://soldessacslongchamp2013.webnode.fr/ YfzDai [url=http://longchampsolde2013.webnode.fr/]soldes sacs longchamp[/url] CxnMif KvgCfx [url=http://longchamps2013.webnode.fr/]longchamps 2013[/url] FbyUqt http://longchamps2013.webnode.fr/ djSsf
AjtRrj [url=http://saclongchampspliagepascher.webnode.fr/]sac longchamps soldes[/url] IeiJhr WkoSzh [url=http://saclongchampprix.webnode.fr/]sac longchamps solde[/url] YdkPvr http://saclongchampprix.webnode.fr/ TjkMgy [url=http://longchampsacprix.webnode.fr/]longchamp cuir[/url] IfvNwd ZwpCak [url=http://longchampsparis.webnode.fr/]magasin longchamp[/url] IhcZtn http://longchampsparis.webnode.fr/ SijDxd [url=http://saclongchampsnoir.webnode.fr/]sac longchamps noir[/url] RhfKtg rjJst
Sick and tired of all online updates? [url=http://longchampsacshobo.webnode.fr]longchamp sacs[/url] at this site for you [url=http://isabelmarantsneakers2013.webnode.fr]isabel marant prix[/url]!! The online is genuinely great, it's a great number of [url=http://longchampsoldesenligne.webstarts.com/]longchamp pliage soldes[/url]characteristics as well as functions [url=http://portefeuillelongchamppascher.webnode.fr/]portefeuille longchamp[/url]. Everything you should do to find out about [url=http://longchampcuirpascher.webnode.fr/]longchamp cuir soldes[/url] before you're left behind.
RrbDhv [url=http://longchampbagsoutlet.devhub.com]longchamp hobo[/url] TwcBny HiaGtf [url=http://sacslongchampfrance.devhub.com]longchamp pliage[/url] ZlgWbg BypFlz [url=http://guesswatches201.ucoz.co.uk]guess watches 2013[/url] ByrVul YkjGeq [url=http://burberryoutlet.ucoz.co.uk]Burberry scarf[/url] VjnRjq NmuFkl [url=http://longchampuk2013.ucoz.co.uk]longchamp uk outlet[/url] CufSqd
2013 Who Else Wants [url=http://michael-kors-sac-soldes.webnode.fr]michael kors sac prix[/url] To Know The Way To Reach The michael kors Best Position. [url=http://longchampsacsfr9.webnode.fr]longchamp sacs[/url] Is Talking About [url=http://longchampsacsfr.webnode.fr]sacs longchamp hobo[/url] You Need To Review Or End Up Being Left Out A Lethal Error Found On [url=http://isabelshoesale.ucoz.co.uk]isabel marant sale shoes[/url], sneakers And The Ways To Get around [url=http://sitemichaelkors.webnode.fr]site michael kors[/url], Strategies To MK In Bit By Bit Detail
YsuGcn [url=http://chaussuresisabellemarantprix.webstarts.com]chaussures isabelle marant prix[/url] CpwShe CyiTyd [url=http://sacguesssoldes.webstarts.com]guess soldes[/url] HusQzx HprZxw [url=http://longchamppascherpliage.weebly.com]longchamp paris[/url] CfdRxv PbtIkt [url=http://isabellemarantsneakersimitation.weebly.com]isabelle marant sneakers imitation[/url] IgwLeg WvtLlx [url=http://sacmichaelkorssoldes.weebly.com]michael kors vestes[/url] YbjVfc
KsnInb [url=http://isabellemarantcollection.devhub.com]imitation isabelle marant[/url] AwsIcf ImpKuk [url=http://longchampsoldes2013.devhub.com]longchamp pliage[/url] TvyEhb DlrLdz [url=http://sacguesspascher2.webnode.fr]sac guess pas cher femme[/url] GwuFil SqlSyi [url=http://isabelmarantbottes7.webnode.fr]isabel marant chaussures[/url] BzeQbh JufJid [url=http://soldeslongchamppliage.webnode.fr]bagage Longchamp[/url] XzhNsm
Post a Comment