Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Last Chance for Sweaters

Click images for larger view.


So, supposedly spring is in the air.  We here in sunny Southern California have had nothing but rain and cold wind...  But that's likely to change at any time.  So, I figured I had better get one more wearing of this awesomely Gothic Victorian sweater in. The occasion: dinner with the parents to celebrate Mom's birthday.

I saw this sweater in a catalog and absolutely had to have it. I can't remember which catalog; I think it was Victoria's Secret... Anyway, when it arrived it fit perfectly, but the turtleneck on it was MUCH bulkier than it showed in the photo. It rode so high up on my neck that it looked like my head was about to be swallowed up. So I packed this away at the bottom of my Trunk of Sweaters and forgot about it for two years.


Recently, I found this massive cameo brooch in the Steampunk Couture Etsy store. Somehow my brain realized it would go great with that sweater, and it dawned on me that perhaps the large pin would help tame the killer turtleneck. Sure enough, it solved my problem and worked out very nicely. Now this is my favorite sweater.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the center of the cameo to photograph without being washed out.  :(

I'll miss you and your puffy sleeves, my perfect Gothic Victorian sweater. See you in the fall!


An extra fun thing today:  Emilina Sassperina tagged me in a  handwriting quiz (thanks for thinking of me, Emilina!). Sadly, my writing is usually atrocious because I get impatient...  I mean, writing is SO much slower than typing. (lol)  Here are the results of my best effort!

The rules:
  1. Write your name & blog name
  2. URL
  3. Write, “A quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog!”
  4. Favorite quote
  5. Favorite song
  6. Favorite bands/singers
  7. Anything you want to say
  8. Tag some other bloggers!

    8 comments:

    Joy said...

    I love this sweater and the cameo -- [gasp] -- breathtakingly beautiful. If I had my way I would wear puffy sleeves every day.

    Ooh, I've been tagged - fun! Thank you. :)

    Jennifer said...

    No fair- I think your handwriting is better than mine. ;)

    Sal Kaye said...

    Thank you for tagging me! :)
    I'll try to write readable...

    Zellain said...

    Your handwriting is too cute.

    I love this sweater. The sleeves are perfect, I'm glad the brooch helps to tame that collar because it looks like it would be easily out of control.

    VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

    I know what you mean, Joy! Puffy shoulders are so fun. :-D

    Jennifer, I hope you are joking because I know better!!! I print like a man, and can't do cursive at all. In fact, my writing is VERY similar to my husband's and my dad's. I'm not even sure my hand can form lower-case letters any more (which was a bit of a hindrance when I was doing literacy tutoring!!). lol!

    Sal, I just saw your post. Yay for Sisters of Mercy!

    Zellain, thanks but I think it's just the purple ink that makes it so cute. ;-D

    Sada said...

    Great outfit...so elegant! And I LOVE the feather (?) in the hair....the perfect touch! Sada

    VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

    Sada, thanks so much! The hair decoration is from Forever 21, on sale for like $3. It has feathers and some loops made of stiff fabric strips. I just love to stick fun things on my head!! :)

    Sana said...

    The sweater is really gorgeous, super victorian!