As a good little Goth girl, I really love long skirts. When I saw this white one in the Body Central catalog, I thought it would be a nice change. I happened to have the black and white top (also from Body Central, I think). I figured if I top it off with a black shrug (from random mall store) I’d have a decent balance of black and white. Did I pull it off? I don’t know… It feels like an enormous amount of white to me!
The skirt was supposed to be a crinkle skirt (No, I don’t know the technical term. They were broomstick skirts when I was in high school, but I never hear that phrase any more.). I just didn’t bother to re-crinkle it after I washed it. But I think it would have looked better that way. Next time!
The cool bits of hair sticking out in the back are Magic by Easihair. My hair is long and awesome for wearing straight down, but it's thin and slippery and not too easy to style. When I don't feel like wearing it down, and am not in the mood for just a boring bun, I really love fun hairpieces and chignons!
And here I am trying to be creative with my posing. Looks like I’m auditioning for the part of Ophelia or something. lol!
![]() |
| "There's rosemary; that's for remembrance..." |



13 comments:
You do look very theater in the last photo but not in a bad way. The remote peeking out is my favorite part. I like the black and white together but maybe you could add a little black ruffle at the bottom of the skirt if you want to bring something different to the outfit.
PS I remember broomstick skirts, too.
Lol! Yeah, I can't figure out how to hide that remote. I especially like the red light. ;)
Ooh, the black ruffle is an excellent idea. Time to consult my Trim Stash in my sewing room.
Oh no, don't add a ruffle!
I like the skirt just the way it is.
I think white can be gothy, too!
Hmmm, divergent opinions on the ruffle... I bet I could come up with something removable, if I get really creative! :)
One of my first thoughts was about underskirts if you think it's too much white for your tastes (made of tulle maybe) but I think it wouldn't work with this skirt.
P.S.: This is a German site but the pic is proof enough: White is gothic, too! ;)
http://www.gothickleidung.de/p10476_poster_ice_queen.html
Also, this skirt looks like yours but I like your outfit much better:
http://www.gothic-culture.com/images/stories/Fashion/clothes/summer_gothic_clothes/WhiteGothic2.jpg
http://www.vampiria.de/contents/de/p340_white_goth_romance_rock.html
Very nice examples!! I really want a white corset now, too. ;)
Yes, i like this just the way it is ^_^
http://gothincollege.blogspot.com/
I personally love the white skirt! I don't think it's too much white at all. The black of the shirt balances it, and it makes your body look really, really long (in the best possible way)!
I really love this black and white combination. The top is really cute, especially with the shrug. I like this.
Toriberry, that's definitely a good thing for a shorty like me (I'm only 5'3", but the 4+" heels help).
Zellain, that is just about my favorite shrug of all time. Glad you like it!!
I was just about to say--as it were, reading along and thinking of the comment--you did something seriously amazing with your hair to make the feathery look. But even knowing it's a hairpiece, it's still very classy.
"White" Gothic, [shiro-gozu] I might say, eh? Clearly, you have demonstrated it isn't 'undoable'.
Yes, I think I like White Gothic! Although I doubt this particular outfit would insipre anyone to think, "wow, that girl is SO Goth..." but then again, that's definitely no what I'm going for at work. :)
LOVIN" the Maxi Skirt!!!
Post a Comment