I am finding that I have a backlog of weekend outfits to post, since I sometimes wear two outfits on certain weekend days (day and evening). Since I never intended this blog to totally focus on my work attire, I’ll be sharing some of me weekend looks during the week to get caught up.
This outfit required a little creativity… I bought this adorable top at Wet Seal a while back. It actually was a cropped blazer, but the sides hung straight down from the bottom button just below the chest. It was very unflattering. So I bravely removed the bottom pieces and invented the Blazer Shrug. Or something like that. :) I thought it went nicely with the lace tank underneath and this frilly skirt, which happens to be one of my very favorite things.
Believe it or not, the skirt came from some random mall store in Burbank. It drags the ground even in 4” heels, which makes me feel a bit ethereal. And of course, lace arm warmers were a must for this outfit!
The black rhinestone fleur de lis pendant is from Body Central. You can also see the cute trim on the top here.
I didn’t go anywhere in this outfit; I really only wore it to see if I would like the modified blazer or if I should get rid of it. When I asked my husband’s opinion, he said the outfit was “genius” and “blog-worthy” so the blazer gets to stay for sure! Lol.



20 comments:
This is so gorgeous! Completely elegant and sophisticated while being incredibly sexy. I love it!
I completely agreed with comment above..looking elegant and sophisticated and just loving those lace gloves!!
http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/
I love the fit and flare of the skirt, so flattering! That is a nice find indeed!!
Wow, another inspiringly beautiful outfit. I love the fleur de lis necklace.
I am just drooling over that skirt :) It has definitely inspired me, I will keep it in mind when I am making the long skirt I have planned.
Wow, awesome!
I especially like the details:
the wristlets and the necklace.
Yes, definitely blogworthy! I just love the lace. The skirt is beautiful, and love the way you altered the blazer! The hairstyle is perfect, too!
Guapisima,el colgante es una maravilla.
Bsss. Isabel - Spain
Beautiful! Lovely skirt and necklace especially.
Thanks for the kind words, all. I really wasn't sure this outfit would work; the skirt is a sure win but I'm so happy the shrug/blazer and the lace tank top worked out.
Even though I bought this skirt it ended up being a huge sewing project, as the two wide lace panels were made from really cheap lace and I had to replace them. With all of the gathering, it ended up being a huge project!! But well worth the effort to save this skirt.
Ah! That fluer de lis is amazing! I need to get one for myself.
Along with another splendid outfit [handmade touches are always a bonus~!], I liked seeing your hair down again; your beautiful black mane adds to your height, as it were.
What a gorgeous outfit! Gothic fashion isn't really my style, but I love this look :) You have such fabulous style, love your take on EBEW!
Tasia
Yes, the Fleur is a great accent. I love how you refashioned a blazer into a shrug. The whole look is sophisticated and sexy. I'm rethinking a long black lace skirt I have. Hmm...
Pretty. I love finding things where you least expect them, like gothic skirts in random mall stores.
Wow, you look amazing!
Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home
love the fleur de lis (sp?) necklace, and the silhouette of that skirt, with the extra volume on the bottom 1/3 of it is absolutely beautiful. i love how it's true-floor-length.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog)
Ah perfect! i have always loved gothic style, it is so beautiful to watch :) And oh that necklace!
-Sara
autumn coffee and inspiration
Seriously stunning!!!
xxx
http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot....
P.S: I´m having a $100 Beauty giveaway (YSL, Chanel... etc). Just thought you might be interested! ;)
Gorgeous! I love Goth style. I'll definitely be following you.
What a wonderful skirt!!! *-*
Post a Comment