This corset is one of my treasured purchases from Gallery Serpentine. This Australian-based company makes high-quality, comfortable corsets. Their prices are amazingly reasonable considering the construction of these garments. I've worn one of their pieces literally a hundred times, at least, and it shows no sign of giving in.
Despite the nasty reputation that corsets have gained due to media melodrama, a quality corset that fits properly and is laced/tightened properly really is very comfortable and not damaging to the body, when the wearer behaves in a ladylike manner. I don't "tight lace" but I do semi-tight lace. I dance, eat, sit and do just about everything else in a corset with no discomfort. Of course, overeating and slouching are out of the question!
So why do I love corsets? No, it's not a "fetish" thing of any kind. I simply love the shape it gives - a dramatic hourglass figure is very visually appealing to me on a lady. And I love that it makes me stand tall and have perfect posture. That's it.
This silk skirt was a steal on eBay. It has three ruffles at the bottom and is longer in the back than the front, which I find too charming!
I fell in love with this silver brocade patterned fabric on the Gallery Serpentine Web site. It makes a great contrast panel in the front of the corset.


15 comments:
Me encanta tu ropa y tu estilo.
Bsss, Isabel
I haven't seen that corset yet. Stunning, simply stunning.
Peace,
Sherry
Oh my, absolutely stunning. The silver is very striking, definitely makes a very sophisticated/elegant spike in your outfit overall.
I love this outfit! Beautiful.
Your entire outfit is so gorgeous. It certain inspires a young gothling!
Oh my god. This is so beautiful!! Your make up and hair are absolutely to die for. I LOVE this look on you.
So beautiful!
A true Lady.
Awesome!
Isabel, Gracias por sus lindos comentarios! (Lo siento, no se espanol... He utilizado Google Translate!) :)
Sir Isaak, thank you! I love the silver, but must be in just the right mood for it.
Ms. Lou, thank so much!
DuskRose, glad you stopped by my blog. I'll be checking yours out, too!
Emilina, you make me blush! :) You are too sweet.
Sal, thank you!!
I love corsets to. It always gives that extra look you need. And for me it's all about the way you feel wearing it. I feel powerful :) And I like it to be tight too. Mine is all leather.
http://gothicallyyours.blogspot.com/
Audronasha, I'd love to see your leather corset. Hope you'll feature it on your blog sometime!
Corsets do get a bad rap, don't they? I like this one on you! I always think about Scarlet O'hara and her 19 inch waist! How was that even possible? My skinny 7yo has a 19 inch waist!
Lol, Olivia. That's a good question... I can get down to 22-23" in my best corset, but I'm also extremely petite.
Gorgeous outfit~!! I'd love to get into corsets, myself. There's something about them that's so alluring and elegant...And if they help with posture, I'm all for that!
It's such a sophisticated corset (and I don't even say that when describing most corsets). 0.0 I think I like the lace blouse the most, but the combo is incredible. :)
Love the corset and the lace blouse.
^^
Post a Comment