Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Custom Car Show Saturday

Click photos for larger view.


Classic car shows are one of our favorite weekend activities.  I never really appreciated classic cars until I met my husband.  He picked me up for our first date in a 1962 Chrysler Newport, and I fell in love with the car immediately (and the man very shortly thereafter).  I am thankful that his tastes run toward the vintage, custom and unique.  I'm just not the type of girl to go for a guy in a red Mustang.  ;)

This is a fairly typical car show outfit for me.  It differs from my work attire in that the heels are higher, the skirt a bit too snug for the office, lots more jewelry and makeup, and PIGTAILS!  I was too lazy to put in the contacts this time.

Usually there are other girls at the shows who like to dress up a bit, so I don't feel as out of place as I do in other settings.  I'm still usually the only Goth, but at least there are others with an artsy sense and a bit of vintage class.  I think it goes hand in hand with the custom car mentality; aesthetics are an enormous part of that world.  I love it.

Sadly, while my husband did take photos of me and photos of our car, he failed to take any photos of me with our car.  That will give my readers something to look forward to for the next car show post!

Someday he'll buy me a 1936 Ford coupe and we'll paint it eggplant purple... 

Anyone else out there have a classic car, or an appreciation of them?

7 comments:

Herdiana Surachman said...

i got it, why your blog's name is Noir...hehe
your style making strong fashion statment..

keep up the good work girl ;D

HS - Indonesia

Destrehan's Daughter said...

I love old Ford and Chevy trucks from the 40s but I doubt if I will ever get my hands on one.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Destrehan's Daughter, those trucks are so cool! The classic Fords sure are extremely expensive. I'll definitely have to settle for unrestored at best, unless we win the lottery! ;)

Katie said...

I love that cute little umbrella! My husband is 'between jobs' right now so there is not much money to save but I am soon going to start saving up for a vintage car. I am not sure what I want at the moment but my dream car is a 1955-56 Dogde Corona... preferably in mint green or pastel yellow. I also wouldn't mind driving a Lincoln or Cadillac I guess... Pretty much whatever comes my way first for a reasonable price I'll probably take. My husband thinks I'm an idiot for really wanting to buy a vintage car cause of the maintenance.. but I don't care. Vintage car or no car at all (literally... I don't have a car.. and no American license yet.. haha).

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Good choice, Katie! I love stuff from the 50's too. Your husband is right, there is a lot of maintenance involved. But you're definitely not an idiot. :) With patience, it's worth it in the long run if you really love the car. Ours has been an ongoing project - usually it's drivable, occasionally it's not, but each year it gets closer and closer to "finished." Just make sure you put a little extra money aside to deal with any little surprises that it will throw at you. ;)

Fierce Fabulous Fit said...

I love your top! This top is fab!! I don't really know anything about cars but I like this outfit. :)

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Krystle, I think the top came from Body Central, about a year ago. Their stuff is extremely affordable, and occasionally they have some really great finds!