Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

And It’s STILL Sweater Season…

Click photos for larger view.


I’ve been very critical about my work outfits lately, deeming none of them worthy of blogging. It’s just a phase I’m going through; it’s happened before and I know it will happen again. That’s fine, because these feelings help ward off any slight urges to become apathetic in my appearance. Usually these phases lead to me convince myself that there are no quality items in my closet and I go on a shopping binge, but I’m going to resist that this time. It’s time to learn to shop my closet with an objective eye rather than an emotional one!


A Close-Up of Today's Shoes
This blue-grey silk skirt is from Newport News. The sparkly black sweater is from a random mall store. I love the wide cuffs that give the lower arm some puffiness. The blue-grey beaded necklace is from Claire’s, years ago. Since it’s nearly summer and yet still 60 degrees outside, I thought I would go with the “unpredictable weather” theme by pairing a sweater with a lightweight skirt and open-toe shoes. I really like the contrast, especially since it breaks some established “fashion rules.” I guess I should have worn this on Rule-Breaking Monday!

9 comments:

Violette B. said...

I think everyone feels like that a couple of times every season, so don´t worry about too much that.

In relation to your outfit, I do love the skirt´s colour, very classy. Is it made of silk? In the pictures seems to be very soft.

Kitty Lovett; The Unadulterated Cat said...

Don't worry too much, m'love. I have those kinds of days - where I wear one outfit one day, enjoy it, put it on the next day...and it just doesn't work. I dont know why this happens, but it happens all the time!

It'll pass. Maybe you should help it pass by buying a nice pair of red shoes to usher in summer (I know I buy shoes when I feel off).

Sal Kaye - Still Dark @ Heart said...

Awesome sweater!

Same unpredictable weather here. Really hot two weeks ago, cold and rainy this week. :(

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Violette, yes the skirt is silk. It's very soft, and lightweight. I love the hint of blue in the grey. I also got a matching sweater (not silk) but it has a bit of angora in it, and angora and wool both make me itch! :(

Kitty, don't temp me!! I have one pair of red heels but they are fabric, and I really want a sleek patent pair!!

Sal, isn't it strange weather this year? I am starting to believe that the end really *is* near! ;)

Jennifer said...

Love this outfit. :)

Joy said...

I have those same moods when I feel I have *nothing* to wear -- which of course is not true. So good for you! This outfits is very pretty! :) I especially love the skirt.

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Aaaah~ what I wouldn't give for a nice 60 degree day out here~

I like the beaded necklace seeing it up close, but just having it hanging straight down seems a little plain [or, is it like... suit-ish? Straightforward? Ehhhhhn...] Of course, for work, the way it is may be more practical for you, in which case, I don't mean to whine on it [aaaah!]. The skirt is simply lovely~ and puffy sleeves always look great. Somehow. Always.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Jennifer, thank you!

Joy, I'm glad it's not just me! Although I never wish discontentment on anyone else!! :)

Sir Issak, I will send you our 60 degree days if we can have some 80 degree days to take their place! ;) And YES, puffy sleeves always rule!!

Jennifer said...

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak:

I'm not a fashion expert so bear with me here. :D You mentioned that the necklace looks plain hanging long like that- I'm intrigued, how else would it hang??