Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Gray Floral, Purple and Black

Click photos for larger view.


Purple and gray are becoming one of my favorite color combinations. I actually didn’t go with much black at all today: just the belt and shoes. Of course, having three feet of black hair helps bring the darkness into any outfit! I really love that I had painted my nails a purple-gray color last weekend, so they matched this outfit beautifully.


This abstract floral print silk chiffon skirt is from Spiegel. The necklace and bracelet are from New York & Co. Hair flowers are from Claire’s, and the top, belt and shoes are from random mall stores.


Thankfully, I completed this photo shoot before the static cling set in. By the time I got in my car, the skirt was hopelessly stuck to my legs. Also fortunate was the fact that I had a can of Static Guard in my desk drawer! After a heavy dose (and evacuation of my office for 10 minutes after, because that stuff smells nasty!) the issue was perfectly under control for the rest of the day.



Help me get more ideas for future Color Brigades! What is your favorite color to pair with purple?

Florals | Everybody, Everywear

15 comments:

Sal Kaye - Still Dark @ Heart said...

Great skirt & lovely shoes!
You seem to try hiding amusement in the photos - what was it about? :)

I love purple a lot. I like combining it with black and white. And gray, too, if I feel like it.

CookingChinchillas said...

I love a really dark petrol blue paired with purple.
The look is great as usual!

Rebecca said...

I always combine purple with black, so I am not much help. I love your outfit today - the flowers give it a kind of "Addams Family in Hawaii" feel. :)

Kitty Lovett; The Unadulterated Cat said...

Purple is my favourite colour, but red is my favourite colour to wear. So...they get put together a lot. A lot of non-goths seem to think it clashes, but goths and old people really seem to enjoy it.

I often wear obnoxiously-bright reds with purple - like my vintage dark purple skirt and my red coat.

I need to make a colour brigade post of my own now. (also, my kitty literally just hugged the keyboard. He said .)

Unknown said...

Those puff sleeves are fab. This is such an elegant look. I personally love purple paired with things in the nude/beige/dusty rose color families. Always looks lush to me. That doesn't help much with color, though. Another color I love with it is periwinkle. I also love it with olive, emerald, kelley greens. And of course golds and bronzes.

Jennifer said...

Looks great!!

Ashlee said...

I like it best with grey, but I also wear it a lot with black, because that's just what I have.

I don't think there's a lot that purple /doesn't/ go with. Blue, teal, some greens, yellows, red... it's all good.

Katie said...

How about a minty green in form of accessories? That's the first thing that popped into my mind.

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Big flowers are big~ and what a great skirt to match them with, almost as if they were together from the start.

Purple goes good with just about anything, even--though I hate to admit it due to personal distaste--red and pink. Of course, loud colors like orange and yellow might not be what you're looking for either. Sapphire blues [or midnight blues] look divine~

Someone said...

Purple and gray is one of my faves as well. Well done! And yes, Static Guard is a must for any skirt-wearing person.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Sal, I'm not sure, but I can tell you that I was NOT amused that it was 6:40 AM. :) Maybe I was just trying too hard to hide my morning grouchiness... ;)

CookingChinchillas, I like the idea of dark blue and purple! Now I will have to buy some dark blue things...

Becky, that's exactly what I was going for. ;-D

Kitty, your kitty must love purple too! I will have to give the red some thought. I do have plenty of red pieces to choose from!

alicatstrut, I believe beige and nude do count toward the three-color requirement, so that's a good option. Thanks for reminding me about purple with green - I used to love that combo but I've never really owned any green clothing. More shopping to do... ;)

Jennifer, thanks!!

Ashlee, I think grey with purple (and black) is my first choice right now, too. It's so subdued...

Katie, another vote for green! I will be on the lookout for some accessories.

Sir Isaak, I can definitely do purple and pink, or purple and blue. But yes, orange or yellow are out for me. Unless it's just a tiny hint. I know yellow is the complement of purple but it's just not me.

Someone, thanks! I love Static Guard!!

Unknown said...

I love the purple top! It's good to have favorite color combinations outside of black, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, subtle floral. It's so elegant! And the length is devine. Nicely done.

As for purple, I love that color. I usually wear it with black or gray. I've tried it with yellow before, and I do love eggplant and olive.

Meagan said...

I love that purple blouse!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

CatCat said...

"What is your favorite color to pair with purple?"

Yellow, black and white though the last two are not really considered as colors. btw, I love that purple blouse as well as the gray skirt, eh. Pretty and gorgeous!

Cheers,
Cathy@nurse uniforms