Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hello, Summer? Are You There???

Click photos for larger view.

This post went up yesterday (5/12) right before Blogger blew up.  When Blogger was finally back online, it had eaten this post and its comments.  Hence the re-post.  :)



The weather has been vacillating between about 85 degrees and stupidly cold here in sunny southern California. In spite of the fact that I'm pretty much an indoorsy kind of girl, I am also a fresh air kind of girl. When springtime comes around each year, I can't wait to open up all the windows and blow out the stale remnants of winter. Not to mention, the fresh air helps me feel reassured that our house isn't “catty” in spite of our super-clean routine. Lately we just can't win with the fresh air, since one day it's too hot and the next it's too cold. I'm pretty sure my sinuses aren't appreciating the confusion, either.


To get to the point, here's what a California girl has to wear to go buy groceries in mid-May (this was from last weekend). Ridiculous, isn't it! I don't entirely mind though, as Goths do tend to love layers and layers of flowing, luxurious garments. In July I'll be complaining that I'm sick of having bare shoulders. :) And yes, I wore two fleur de lis with this outfit. If I'm going to be freezing in May, I might as well feel like royalty while doing it!


You can't tell right now, but this dress from Newport News is strapless underneath all of the insulation. Just say the word, Mother Nature, and I'll drop the adorable, ruffled sweater and fingerless gloves and be ready for a nice warm weekend!

Perseus Hopes for Springtime, Too!

How's the weather in your area? I hope you are finding things more temperate than we are!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You always look so classy and timeless I love you look oh so much..

And must stamp my own pics too..can you believe I found couple of people using them as their own images? WTF...great idea.

XoXo
http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com

Kitty Lovett; The Unadulterated Cat said...

So gorgeous! Really, it's a lovely outfit.

Here in the Southern Hemisphere, it is approximately Ass Degrees. It is so cold. It's not so much the actual cold (although that is bothersome at night), it's the wind off the ocean. I wear fleece stockings, a long skirt, and two wool coats and I'm STILL freezing.

And it's not winter yet...

Also: your cat.

YOUR CAT. <3

Sal Kaye - Still Dark @ Heart said...

This is absolutely one of my favorite outfits I've seen here so far! You look great - and yes: royal, too.
Love the make-up, love the jewellry, love every detail about this outfit.

Liz said...

I really love this dress- especially with the sleeves on the sweater, it's so flowy and elegant ^_^

Joy said...

I LOVE that ruffled sweater!

I can't stand feeling cold, good to see you're dressed comfortably!

Betty said...

Ohhhhh I love your cat!!!! he is awesomeeeeeeeeeeee (L).

Very cool the outfit

bloody kisses!!

Mar Qaroll said...

THIS is the way I dress! Or close enough (I usually wear pants under skirts/dresses). LONG straight dresses, layers and long sleeves~!

AHHH~ Lovely outfit, really!

MissGracie said...

Oh Vermont is being the same way. It's chilly and overcast at first, but then the sun come out and it shoots up to 65 degree. I haven't known what to wear for the past week.

I LOVE this outfit, more than I can communicate in a comment.

Sal said...

Oh no! Where's the comment I left here earlier?
It was the one telling you how this is one of my favorite outfits you've shown us so far. :)

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Miss Gracie, I guess I'm glad it's not just us with the crazy weather... Wonder what is up this year?!? And thank you; that's an awesome compliment!! :)

Sal, sorry... Blogger had a major malfunction on Thursday and went down for over 15 hours. In the meantime, it ate all of the posts from that morning, along with the comments. :( Thanks for re-commenting!! :)

Sada said...

My bet is you brought some absolute class to the grocery store! What a way to shop.....

xo
Sada
dressologyhq.blogspot.com

Zellain said...

The weather all over California has been insane. Here in Sacramento it hailed so hard over the weekend that it stuck like snow to our car.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Sada, perhaps, except for the cat hair. :) That dress is a magnet for it! I remove the hair right before I leave the house, and somehow it's all back by the time I get in the car. lol!

Zellain, OMG! That makes our weather seem like paradise!! I hope you are in for some clear skies and warmth soon!

Serenity said...

I agree, weather here in Cali has been HORRIBLE! And now it's raining. Not that I'm complaining, it's easier to look broody whilst sipping tea and reading at Starbucks, but nevertheless, I'm guarding my favorite black velvet jacket with my huge black umbrella. Wet velvet = no fun. <3!