Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

The Start of a Good Weekend

Click photos for larger view.


I wasn't sure I was going to be able to pull this one off. This morning, I honestly had no idea how I was going to convert the daytime version of this outfit into an adequately Gothy evening version. Especially without using the same tricks I've used for my Day-to-Evening posts the past two weeks. I snuck out of work a bit early so I could have some down time and shake my three-day headache, and felt a renewed creativity afterward. I'm pretty thrilled with the results after all.


Goths might be the only people in the world who would even consider buttoning their blouses up further for a nighttime look than for the work look. But I liked how it worked with this pendant. And as fabulous as the daytime shoes were, I felt compelled to switch to my favorite non-work shoes.


Chignon, Feathers and Roses
I've always wanted to try a corset with this blouse. Total win.

Add a winning hairdo and the evening look is complete!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow!!! all I can say is wow! What a great outfit! So you!
XO Carrie
www.carriefabulous.com

Katie said...

Bravo, it looks amazing! I loved buttoning up my blouses to the top, it always sort of gave me a vintage feel and I still do it on occasion. I have big boobs though, and it's hard to find a blouse that I can actually button up without the top buttons looking like they're about to shoot somebody in the eye. Haha.

Anyway, I've said it yesterday and I'll say it again: white looks beautiful on you!

Unknown said...

Such a great conversion! The way you belted the corset makes it look almost like an obi. I love the effect. And I love the beautiful, simple contrast between the black and white in both looks.

Unknown said...

Total win indeed. I love the sash around the corset especially. Prim yet sexy!

Sal - Still Dark @ Heart said...

Well done! Looks great! :)

Have a fantastic weekend!

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Carrie, thanks! That's a wonderful compliment. :)

Katie, you made me lol! ;) Depending on how tight the blouse is, Hollywood Fashion Tape sometimes helps.

alicatstrut, that must be why my husband liked this outfit so much; he's Japanese. I added the sash on top of the corset at the last minute, and sure was glad I did!

Hexotica, thanks! Sometimes a bit of prim makes the sexy sexier. ;-D

Sal, you too! Sounds like you need it as much as I do!