Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beauty Broke Down the Chains Somehow…

Click photos for larger view.


Yes, I am sure that every Goth girl (the ones who like Synthpop, at least) who does a fashion blog post featuring a military-inspired style borrows a line from Military Fashion Show by And One. It may not be creative, but at least it saved me having to come up with a title today. :)


This adorable military-style blazer came from H&M. Personally, I’m a bit of a pacifist but do I like this style if it has a vintage flair. Check out the close-up to see the cool details on the lapels. The gunmetal-color buttons are a nice touch, too, rather than the silver-tone I usually see on this style blazer. The high-waist pencil skirt with ruched side panels is from Forever 21, and happens to be the only bottom I own that even comes close to working with this blazer!


I’ve been loyal to a certain line of Hue stockings for years now, as the fit, sheen and quality of this particular style is perfect for my tastes. However, they don’t offer a backseam variety, so I popped into Frederick's to buy this pair. They weren’t cheap: about $15. I took them out of the package today and to my dismay, I found that both stockings have random lines running up and down them! This is not intentional, as they are not striped stockings; these appear to be weak spots in the weave. I’ve seen this before in cheaper brands, but expected better in this price range. It’s SO tacky. You have to look closely in the enlarged shots to see the streaks, but I assure you they are glaring in person! I really didn’t have time to change this morning, but I will never wear these again. And I caution my readers not to buy stockings from Frederick’s!!

Can anyone recommend a high-quality brand of backseam stockings?  Or maybe I’ll stick with my beloved Hue stockings and get those adorable backseam tattoos

7 comments:

HattersMadGirl said...

Hey, I am new here to the whole blogger-thing and I just wanted to tell you that I love your looks! They are sophisticated, gothic.. and just awesome!

Today I especially like the combination of this military-style blazer from H&M with the skirt. Most of the time, I am unsatisfied when it comes to buying clothes from H&M, but you still find cool ones. How do you do that?
;)

Sal Kaye said...

Love the blazer! :)
Currently, I really love military-style clothing.
I have a similar blazer in olive green and I recently bought a black military-style coat.

I'd be annoyed about the tights, too. I stopped buying the real expensive ones.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

HattersMadGirl, welcome to Blogland! I'm glad you are enjoying my outfit posts, and I really appreciate your kind words. I've only been to H&M twice, so maybe I've just been lucky. :) I found so many nice things on my second visit that I really had to pick and choose!

Sal, I want pictures of that olive green blazer! :)

Joy said...

I like the military-style blazer - Looks terrific on you! I also think it's cool that you're a bit of a pacifist. :) (Me, too -- to a degree).

Shame about the stockings from Frederick's! How irritating!

Unknown said...

I'm in love with your blazer!! Love your pictures.

xoxo
http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

I usually boy stockings like these from adult shops, because they are decently priced and I never had a bad apple. They've always been really good quality.. I haven't bought any lately and I can't remember the name, for the life of me. Ugh.

And I absolutely LOVE your jacket, and how you styled it with the skirt and pants. Military inspired pieces rule (everything around me).

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Uniformed Gothic~ how cool. Yes, that blazer is working those cool details~ what a great combination. Teehee, I almost thought you'd have a little navy hat, too.

Shame on Fredricks. Perhaps they are falling prey to retail corner cutting [although hopefully, since they charge the prices they do, maybe it was just that pair].

Ooooh, oh! You know what I didn't see today~ [and admittedly, haven't been seeing as much in recent posts.] Hmmm~? Your little remote~! ^_^ INVISIBLE.