Click photos for larger view.
Happy Mother's Day, everyone!
I’m still experimenting with how to style my new pants. I definitely enjoyed this outfit, which I recently wore to a local festival. I have to dress a bit tame when I go to such events because I inevitably run into multiple people from my workplace. It’s kind of a small town and so much of the community is represented at these things... You never know when a department head (or higher) will be in attendance. In the past I’ve just worn a bra under this shirt, but here I added a cami for extra modesty. However, I did not bother to hide the belly. At least not completely.
As it turns out I only saw a former co-worker, and a member of my department saw me from a distance. If my bra had been showing, surely I'd have seen all of the most conservative employees from my workplace, right?
Yes, that is my crocheted belt from Forever 21 you see under my shirt. These pants have a tab front and they are made from heavy fabric, which creates an unflattering bulge on the abdomen. The stretchy belt definitely helped hold that tab down and made a smoother silhouette. Next time I hunt for pants, I’ll be asking for side zip. I can’t be too picky though, since finding the right fit in pants is next to impossible for me.
Do you guys have any local festivals that you like to attend? Do you encounter any Goths at such events?



8 comments:
I live in pants. I cannot figure out how to wear skirts or dresses on myself at all.
I love the look of this outfit. I'm glad that you didn't run into too many people at the festival. We don't really have little festivals like that here, but Sacramento is a fairly large city so that would be a bit different. ;)
I have difficulty finding pants as well - one of the reasons I've switched over to skirts. As far as local festivals go, Buddha's Birthday is tomorrow! I doubt we'll encounter any other goths that day, but we get the day off and it should be a lot of fun.
Your blog is about to become a godsend for me... I've got my old office job back, at least temporarily. Last time I worked there, I had a sort of second-teen-rebellion-phase and turned up in bondage pants and baggy hoodies all the time *facepalm*
Hopefully with what I've learned from drooling over your pretty outfits, I can undo some of the damage!
I absolutely love your style... It's so sophisticated and beautiful, and so are you! I'll be following this blog from now on.
To quote Zellain, "I live in pants." And yours look great. I am especially loving the choker and blouse. Pinstripes seem to be my friend without me ever realizing it. I'd take a blouse like that and put eyelets down the spine. *Notes for shopping.*
zellain, it does seem that many Goths are either "all skirts" or "all pants". Or maybe I'm just noticing a lot lately! Normally I'm "all skirts" but I like variety. And I kinda envy girls who are good at wearing pants! :)
Becky, I know exactly what you mean. Skirts are so much more forgiving in the "fit" department. Hope Buddha's Birthday was a blast!! ;)
UltimateGothGuide, congratulations! I'm so happy that my blog is inspiring your "corp" wardrobe. You made my day!
Fool, thank you! I'll be checking out your blog, as well!
Sir Isaak, pinstripes rule. Especially sheer ones!
This is a gorgeous and sexy look, possibly one of my favourites! Although I am diggin' the pink legs post! xo Sada dressologyhq.blogspot.com
I love that these pants are making you branch out. Also, props on graceful tummy showing. (No tummy over 30 is a rule I think very few people should be breaking but yours is totally appropriate.)
I don't know if it's just that I hang out in small circles but I personally can't throw a cat without running into goths. The awesome, "elder" kind, too. This might be a New York phenomenon, though.
Post a Comment