I bought this cute dress from Body Central, planning to wear it to work. I didn’t know at the time that most of their dresses are much sluttier in person than they appear on the models in the catalog, but with this dress I got lucky. The fit is just a bit relaxed (that must explain why it was massively discounted. ;) ), and the neckline and length are appropriate for work, as long as I wear dark tights. I might not feel comfortable in this length at work with natural stockings, but opaque tights add some modesty.
My previous post, What I Wear to the Vet features the other BC dress I ordered at the same time that didn’t work out so well (until I modified it).
While this looks like a dress and a shrug, it’s actually one piece. This kind of dress makes it easy to look like you “put together” an outfit on a busy morning without really taking any time or thought. It came with a little satin bow stitched to the bodice but for more interest I pinned a polka dot bow on top. And since it was such a busy morning, I just added a few black bracelets and simple heels.
| A Close-Up of Today's Shoes |



11 comments:
Love the cut at the neck, very office-appropriate and sexy at the same time. I love your shoes.
Looking pretty.
http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/
Very cool outfit! i love it!
www.glamourtendencia.blogspot.com
I think i love it, too! ;)
That is such a great dress!
Very cute! It does have that retro/vintage look, which is all the rage.
I laughed out loud when I read the word "sluttier!" (Yes, I am a bit immature). I like the way you say what you mean! :)
By the way, I was having trouble posting comments on blogspot -- I have to log-in with blogger otherwise I get kicked back to the blogger log-in page... Anyway, not sure if it's just me or not.
StyleID, I love the neckline, too - not to high and not too low! It's tough to draw the line between professional and sexy for work. I think this dress is a good compromise!
Betty, thank you!
Sal, great minds think alike! ;)
Joy, I'm glad I made you laugh. :) Although I guess I should be careful about how easily certain words roll out of my mouth (or keyboard)!! lol. Thanks for letting me know about the commenting problem. I tested it this morning and even anonymous commenting seemed to work, so maybe Blogger was just being stubborn yesterday! Hopefully it's all good now.
It´s a cute dress!! =)
We're a gaggle of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have performed an impressive job and our whole group will likely be thankful to you.
My web-site mexican food
Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm looking to start my own blog in the near
future but I'm having a hard time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!
Feel free to visit my webpage; http://www.thegorbals.co.uk/oxwall-x.y.z/index.php/blogs/post/29561
Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks
Here is my site profiles
Fantastic goods from you, man. I've remember your stuff prior to and you're simply extremely fantastic.
I actually like what you have bought right here, really like what you're saying and the way by which you say it. You're
making it entertaining and you continue to care for to stay it sensible.
I can't wait to learn much more from you. This is actually a tremendous web site.
Take a look at my blog - affordable extensions
Post a Comment