This has been a really rough week at work; hence the decrease in Work Outfit posts. Most mornings I’ve been lucky to even have clothing on when I leave in the morning, much less an outfit that is well thought out and worthy of photographing. However, I managed to get a good night’s sleep last night (thanks to a cordial of Irish whiskey* and a Benadryl) and felt refreshed this morning. So here’s an outfit!
The satin blouse with rhinestone buttons is from random mall store. Pencil skirt is from Target. Amazing shoes are from Newport News. Thank you, Newport News, for making this style in my size!!
![]() |
A Decent Close-Up of the Lovely Locket |
A Close-Up of Today's Shoes |
* I rarely drink anything other than one glass of wine, but I do have a special bottle that I reserve for the end of very bad days. This same bottle has lasted about 4 years and is still half full, so I guess I don’t have many bad days! :)




11 comments:
How. Much. Were. Those. Shoes?!
Another great outfit! I have a penchant for black & white shoes and satin fabrics.
Greetings!
The locket is beautiful.
I like the whole outfit. I like the way the blouse comes with a sash.
Seems this week was hard on all of us. I'm glad it's only one more day to go.
These shoes are amazing! I wish I could wear heels,but being 6.10 feet tall paired with clumsiness makes it quite dangerous for me *lol*
I think I fell in love with pencil skirt.Definitely need to get one!
I'm really liking this outfit! I have a soft spot for black and white shoes like those you're wearing in the picture. Love them!
I also like how overall balanced the outfit looks. Very formal yet feminine, with the detail in the shoes and the accessories. That necklace.
I'm really looking forward to the Evening version of this. I can't imagine how you could do that! :)
Blouse is excellent [I have a long sleeved one that looks just like that, sans rhinestones]. Do you have one in black? It'd fit just as well~
Shoes are also megalo awesome~
I'm sorry for your less-than-awesome week. I'll send along some of my layabout from this week [it's been almost eerie how tranquil it's become].
Beautiful outfit, I think you look great in the white blouse and the shoes are to die for. We also might have the same pencil skirt, I got mine from Target a while ago, too.
Hope the bad days will be over starting tomorrow!
I am in love with that blouse.
Lovely. I like the chain you made for the locket.
4 years!! Any bottle of wine wouldn't last 4 hours in my house! :P
good or bad day, any day is good for wine!
I love the color contrast. The blouse is great, the white satin makes you shine n_n. Great outfit!
Sorry for the delay in responding to your comments, everyone! I needed some "chill" time. I'm feeling much better now! :)
KittyL, I believe the shoes were around $30, but I got them about a year ago. Not sure if Newport News still carries them, but try www.newport-news.com
Gen, I totally love satin, too. It often leads to me looking far too dressy, but it's worth it. :)
Sal, hope you survived the week and are having a wonderful weekend!!
cookingChinchillas, I'm lucky in that regard, as I am only 5'3". I hated being so short until I learned to wear tall shoes!
tuerce, welcome to my blog! I am looking forward to checking yours out as well!
Sir Isaak, I'm looking forward to seeing your long-sleeve black version on your blog! ;) I *wish* I had this in black, too!
Katie, aren't their pencil skirts the best? Target has really improved the quality of their clothing recently.
BettyZade, thanks!
Hexotica, it's actually a bottle of whiskey (I didn't write that part too clearly; brain was fried!). A bottle of wine rarely makes it through a weekend in our house! :)
Madame Macabre, thank you for checking out my blog! I *love* your profile picture.
Post a Comment