Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Black Lace and Barbie Shoes

Click photos for larger view.


This outfit was invented strictly to complement these shoes. My boss calls this pair my Barbie shoes. And she's right: they are tiny, just the right height and are the classic Barbie style, the slide. Actually, these are by Carlos Santana. I know; I wasn't aware that he designed shoes, either. And I am not sure whether he plays with Barbies. Either way, he has great taste in ladies' footwear.


The top is just sheer black lace, but I love the ruffle detail around the neckline and the little satin buttons. I added a white camisole underneath for the black lace on white effect.


I learned this scarf-tying technique over at 37 Ways to Tie a Scarf. This is the Rosette Neck Wrap. As someone who's never understood what the heck one is supposed to do with all these lovely scarves, I am totally loving this site!  This style was a bit tricky to figure out, but it held up all day.

A Close-Up of Today's Shoes

Lace | Everybody, Everywear

8 comments:

Phoenix said...

Gorgeous outfit, it's so coordinated! I love the way you've done the scarf, definitely checking that site out :)

StyleIDnet said...

Shoes deserve that outfit! Yes, they are identical to the Barbie ones, how sweet!
nice lace shirt, sexy outfit.

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/

Julianne said...

Your outfit is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Those shoes were made for that outfit!
Thanks for joining us at EBEW!

Sal Kaye - Still Dark @ Heart said...

Awesome shoes. I love the lace-on-white effect, as you call it! :)
And thanks for the scarf-link.

Megan G said...

Such a wonderful look. I love how the scarf has a modern ascot look and the layered lace top. The shoes are the cherry on top (or bottom?) of a wonderful coord.

Loren said...

Love they way this scarf is tied, for reals. The lacy top is really fantastic as well.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Phoenix, thanks! I was hoping it wasn't TOO coordinated. Sometimes I can be very matchy-matchy. lol.

StyleID, the only problem is I can't figure out any other outfits to wear these shoes with! :)

Julianne, thank you!!

Linda, thanks! I love EBEW!!

Sal, I thought you might like the scarf site. ;) Post some of the styles you try?

Megan Mae, thank you!

Loren, thanks!!