And black and white and lots of bows! I thought maybe the scarf tied in a bow would be too much along with the bows on the sleeves of this blouse, but I was informed by coworkers that there is no such thing as too many bows. This is good news for me, indeed!
I've decided to go back to my beloved center part again for a while. When my hair is just down long and straight, parting in the center is by far my preference. But I don't like the way updos and buns look with a center part, and since I usually wear my hair up or restrained in some way the side part is usually more practical. In thinking about my repertoire of hair styles and which would be best suited for a center part, I promptly revived this old favorite. You'll be seeing it a lot on work days until I start to miss my buns (lol) and go back to the side part. ;-D
![]() |
| Whoops! Didn't take time to finish the ends of my braids nicely this morning! |
White blouse is from JC Penny, and the silk scarf is from Amazon. And of course, the whole look is finished off with one of my favorite pairs of shoes!
Maybe you can give me some new ideas. What are your favorite hair styles for a center part?


12 comments:
WOW-WEE! You look amazing! I don't know that I've ever seen your hair like that. *big thumbs up* And I always had the hots for a sharp looking corporate goth man. Mmmm, a dark themed business suit done up just right.... (dreamy look on face).
I love the scarf bow :)
"miss my buns" hehe!
definitely not too many bows and i love the black-on-black frilly
my hair is just long enough to do a heidi-type loop with pigtail braids. maybe you could do some fancy double or triple looping with your amazingly long hair!
I am LOVIN' that blouse. Just awesome.
Looks like you have a garter over your skirt...
Wow, (I can't believe I'm going to say this but..) Wednesday Adams is all grown up! :) You look amazing! I love your whole outfit and your hair looks great with it's now returned center part :) I wish I had some tips for you but I usually wear my hair up in a clip or in pigtails and I have bangs too so I don't think I'm going to be much helpf for ya..Sorry! But you're pulling it off perfectly without ;)
-Kelli <3
You look very pretty with this outfit.
Love the bow short and the braids, it complements the outfit in a great and unexpected way.
http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/
I love your skirt embellishment! What a cool way to get a unique piece, sort of on the cheap.
How would a black and white zebra print scarf look with this outfit?
Lovely outfit. I think I would have sewn the trim at the bottom of the skirt myself. Love the black cravat.
With your long hair you should try victory rolls, or french rolls on the sides. That was my favorite center-part hairstyle before I shaved one side.
Wheeeee!! The shoes! May I ask where you got them? Do you have a specific brand to buy shoes from? Because so far I've loved all of your shoes and I'm still looking for a brand that sells high quality shoes, usually the pvc ones fall apart oh so quickly..
xx
BettyZade, good taste indeed. ;-D There aren't any guys like that where I work, that's for sure! lol.
Claire, thanks! That's my favorite way to wear I scarf.
Liz, great idea! I never thought to try looping the braids. The variety could be almost endless...
Maeam, wooo! ;-D
GlumPlum, lol! Pigtails are always a win.
StyleID, thanks!
Sabayon, it was definitely on the cheap since the skirt came from Target and I already had most of the trim from stocking up on sales at fabric stores. :)
Anonymous (1), intriguing idea with the zebra stripes... But I don't have any. :(
Hexotica, I *love* victory rolls. I got them to work once, but all subsequent attempts have failed. I'm not too talented with hair styles, sadly. :( Maybe I just need more practice and more YouTube tutorials!!
Anonymous (2), this pair is from Newport News. Their shoes usually hold up fairly well and are around $40-$50. Most of my shoes are Pleaser, which are also decent quality and about the same price range. They don't last forever, but I can get a good six months of almost daily wear out of the pairs I wear to work (of course, that's mostly sitting at a desk). :)
Cool, thanks! I was wondering if the Pleaser shoes atually were worth the money.
xx love from germany
Post a Comment