Click photos for larger view.
I previously wore this Spiegel Daytime Satin skirt back in April with a sweater featuring a rhinestone buckle, and the whole look turned out a bit too fancy for work. One of the suggestions for toning it down (made by my grandma; yay!) was to try it with a tailored shirt in pastel or white. Well, VictorianKitty has a severe shortage of tailored shirts, and none in pastel or white... While I work on resolving that issue, I figured I would try this one in dark pink.
I thought adding some edgier jewelry would help take some of the formality out of the outfit as well. Oh, and on lunch I dropped broccoli with cheese on the skirt. That's definitely a more casual look...
What do you think? Does the pink button-up make this fancy skirt a bit more office-friendly?
PS: I just started a new poll. It's in the upper-right corner of my blog. Please take a moment to vote and let me know what my readers most want to see!


15 comments:
Seems fine for office, to me.
This looks fantastic to me! Great contrast.
I miss the button "all of the above" in your poll. ;) I checked every box instead. I really enjoy your blog. Every single post has been inspiring and to my liking so far. I'd love tutorials every now and - then and kittens, of course!
I love the pink and black-it's such a great contrast, and so elegant-looking. I think this is a lovely outfit, not at all "over-dressed", but the ruffles and the sweep of the skirt make it look special and interesting.
I love this look - your grandma has a good eye for style. It's work appropriate,IMO. Then again, back in April, I remember thinking the black top was good for work too. I guess it depends on the office.
A really bright color makes most things seem less 'formal'. This outfit looks great though, with the hair bun and the glasses and the long skirt it's got a very 'sexy librarian' vibe.
Thanks for commenting! You look so gorgeous in this magenta color. So glad I found your blog! Now following!
Hope you'll follow back.
Ask the Duplex
Yes, I definitely think this quite tones down the fanciness of the skirt. The shirt is really lovely with it, and makes the whole thing much less formal and more office-y.
Love the top, it suits the skirt so well and it does make it a bit more casual.
Maeam, I appreciate the input! :)
Sal, thanks for the input on my poll. I will be trying to do more tutorials, but they seem to take a lot more time than outfit posts so my schedule kinda has to get used to it. ;)
Jamie, thank you! I love black and pink too. Any shade of pink!!
jeanofalltrades, it's always good to take Grandma's advice! At least my grandma; she's pretty "with it." ;-D
Loren, thanks for stopping by my blog! Your comment made me giggle.
Monica, thank you! And done. :)
Sabayon, I'm glad to know I've found a way to make this skirt more office-friendly.
Hexotica, thank you! I am loving this skirt more now that I have some options.
I would never think this dress is too formal for the office the way you wear it here. I love the belt with it too. Pulls it all together.
I love the pink blouse. Great look!
These shoes are to die for my dear and the outfit is stunning as usual :) You really know how to dress hun!
You asked about the fade effect/gradient nail design on my blog.I had done a how to a while ago:
http://cookingchinchillas.blogspot.com/2010/08/gothic-fade-effect-nail-design.html
It's pretty easy to do !
Greetings
Fashion tips from your grandmother - love it! :)
The pink blouse definitely makes the outfit less formal (more fun) -- both the color and the style are very pretty and professional.
Off to take your new poll now!
:)
This outfit looks great!! Love the colors too- they really suit you. :) Probably one of my favorites.
Tu vas travailler habillée ainsi?
Post a Comment