Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Car Show, and Kitteh!

Click photos for larger view.


With summer comes car shows. Southern California is loaded with them, and we travel all over the place to attend. I was somewhat thankful for the unusually cool June this year (although the heat is in full force now), as the heat and harsh sun are pretty rough on me. Not just because I'm trying to be oh-so-Goth; I really do have some sun/heat sensitivity. But enough about that. :)


I had to dress a little bit conservative for this show, because rumor had it that some people from my workplace might be going. I still wanted to be myself, but not to an extent that would lead to unwanted curiosity the following Monday. Naturally, since I had planned for it, no one from work was there. But I felt good about myself all day, so no regrets on the outfit I chose.


Today's parasol is from somewhere on the Interwebs, although I can't remember where. However, Amazon has a seller who offers them in a huge variety of colors! We failed to get a good photo of me outdoors with the parasol in use. Battenburg lace has a nasty habit of allowing sunlight to hit one's face in bizarre patches, which make for interesting but unattractive photos. I have a solution in mind for next time, though.


Dress was on sale at Macy's for half price. I scored it the night before the show. I will be wearing this to work a lot, but with more conservative accessories, shoes and make-up. I had a corset on under the dress to nip in my waist a bit, but not too tight as I knew I would be stuck wearing it for nearly 10 hours.


Prometheus really didn't want us to leave for the day. He's almost big enough to stop me, but I managed to escape. I just made sure to give him extra love when we got home. He may be a giant on the outside, but he is just a delicate flower on the inside.

One of My Favorites of the Day

PS: Don't forget that this coming Friday, July 1 is Beads Theme Day, the first of my monthly themes! :)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the parasol!

Carrie said...

This is sheer perfection! I so love it all!!!!!!
XO Carrie
www.carriefabulous.com

SarahWalrus said...

I truly love your make up and your cat is just the most adorable little-huge thing. :D

Unknown said...

Me encanta tu estilo y tus fotos¡¡¡
Disculpa por no comentar , e estado de viaje en Alicante ,5 dias e intento ponerme al dia.

Besos Isabel
SsasDiary

0b3rf said...

Nice outfit. Your cat makes it even better! :D

GlumPlum said...

Oh, I just love every bit of this outfit! It's absolutely perfect in my honest opinion. I love your necklaces too, especially that heart one. You look beautiful :) And your cat is of course just too cute ;)
-Kelli <3

Sana said...

Lovely dress! I like the shoes too! <3

Sal Kaye - Still Dark @ Heart said...

The dress looks great on you and I definitely LOVE the parasol.
But the best thing about the last 3 pics really is Prometheus! :) Look at these cute, cute paws!!!

Audronasha said...

oh, you are adorable! You look so elegant and still dark :) The Heart necklace is beautiful. And what kind of lashes do you use??? Looks super on you :)

Ashlee said...

I think this is one of my favorites so far, the parasol might be clouding my judgement, lol.

Kitty-cat! You have such adorable cats, and he almost matches the background, lol.

Anonymous said...

Your eyes, the choker, and your perfect, gleaming hair are all exquisite today!

Joy said...

Love the flouncy and flirty hemline on the dress!

Your coloring/complexion is lovely! I should carry a parsol myself!

Sada said...

A great, very chic look. Love the Macys sale rack!
Meow.
xo
Sada
http://dressologyhq.blogspot.com

Lea said...

You've got such a beautiful figure!! Really, I'm jealous. I thought about buying these shoes you're wearing in the picture, but thought they might be too chunky. But on your slim figure they look absolutely amazing!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Lou, Battenburg lace is the best!!

Carrie, Thanks!

SaryWalrus, I will pass your comment on to Prometheus. It will make his day. :)

Isabel, thanks for stopping by and commenting. Hope you had a wonderful trip!!

Oberfinanzdirektion, cats make everything better. :)

GlumPlum, thank you so much. This outfit got two "perfects" which akes me very happy! ;-D

Moda de Subculturas, thanks!

Sal, he does have the cutest paws. We call both of the boys "kittens with mittens." lol!

Audronasha, I use the Ardell Fashion Lashes from Sally Beauty Supply. These are the "Demi" lashes. I think Sally Beauty stores are only in the US, but they do have a Web site: www.sallybeauty.com.

Ashlee, I always try to match my cats to the decor. ;-D And I agree, the parasol is my favorite part of any car show outfit!!

BettyZade, you're so sweet! Truthfully, my hair only gleams because I use those liquid silk leave-in things (like BioSilk). My secret it out!! :)

Joy, flounces are almost as fun as kittens. :-D Let me tell you, it's hard to maintain a nice, fair complexion in the hot So Cal sun even with a parasol and SPF 100!

Sada, the sale rack is just about the only part of Macy's I can bring myself to shop at... Thankfully, they do seem to have a lot of stuff on sale most of the time.

Lea, part of the credit for the figure in this post goes to a good corset. ;) These are my favorite shoes for being on my feet all day. They are actually quite comfortable, once you are used to them.

Sunduri Das said...

This is a beautiful dress on you. The parasol is a nice touch. I also think your cat is gorgeous :).

Scarlet Eye said...

I love that look! And the parasol is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous dress. I love that you like to wear a lot of accessories; to me no outfit is complete without them and you match yours really well.

Sakara said...

You have an amazing car!
One of my favourite things in the UK is when i go to Whitby Goth Weekend, the wonderful customised cars come out on display.