Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Little Gothy on Casual Thursday

Click images for larger view.


Thursday is “Jeans Day” here at my work. Since I don’t really wear jeans often, occasionally I designate Thursday as “Be a Little Bit More Goth at Work” day. I didn’t have any meetings on the calendar today, and knew I would probably be alone behind my desk 99% of the time, so I felt free to be more myself today.


This Target shirtdress came with mother of pearl buttons and a string to tie around the waist. I replaced the buttons with solid black and the string with a shiny belt. The cross pendant comes from Shrine Hollywood, although the beaded necklace was made by me. All of the bracelets are also homemade. The silver components with black stones in the center are readily found at arts & craft stores.

Close-Up of Flesh-Tone Fishnets
I really pushed it today by wearing fishnets with my Dr. Marten’s Mary Janes. These are by Hue; I believe the color is called Natural. I’m pretty sure these would be considered acceptable since they are so subtle, but you never know what will freak someone out just because it’s out of the ordinary. I’ll be sure to report back if there is any drama over the flesh-tone fishnets today! ;)

What do you wear on “casual” day at work?


BTW, don't forget that Red & Black Week starts this coming Sunday, June 5!  Please do join in the fun and make me the happiest blogger ever!!  :)  To participate, check out the rules and then look for the Link-Up box at the bottom of each of my posts for the week.

Need some inspiration?  Zellain has posted some wonderful ideas over at The Morbid Fashion.  Of course, your posts don't have to be related to fashion or clothing.  Any topic is good, as long as it's Red & Black and has a "dark" feel to it (not necessarily Goth, but of a dark mood or aesthetic).

7 comments:

CookingChinchillas said...

We don't have casual days here in Greece,but I love the idea.
How great would that be to have a casual day at the office.
At home I dress very casual for chores.

Rebecca said...

Every day is fairly casual for me. If I'm feeling very low-maintenance I'll wear jeans or shorts (it's hot outside!) and a black T-shirt. I call it "Lazy Goth." :) Those fishnets are lovely, by the way.

MaggleBish said...

I don't understand the hooplah over fishnets. I think as long as they aren't torn and the clothes that you wear with them aren't trashy, they're fine! I wear them all the time to the office, in black/nude/pink. Open-work tights are just more comfortable (and interesting) than pantyhose.

StyleIDnet said...

I like jeans so, casual for me is a nice shirt (not to much cleavage or none at all) jeans and heels, I really don't like to wear sandals or any open toe shoe for work.
I LOVE that necklace and dress.... you look sexy.

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/

Ashlee said...

I love the fishnets! Well, I love the entire outfit, really.I've been meaning to get myself some subtle fishnets. Nude and micro-net.

SxiousieL said...

I love this outfit. It is such a good example of how accessories can change an entire look.

And I like your approach to casual days -- a great opportunity to stay formal but be a little more goth.

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

My inner klepto is coming out looking at all your jewelry. I'm sure your coworkers notice your 'slightly more goth' even more surrounded by their jean-y goodness. ^_^ All the better to notice how amazing you look.