Click photos for larger view.
Summer weather is finally starting to appear, so out come the sleeveless tops for work. Today's choice is an aubergine satin cowl-neck with a cute sash that ties on one side, and lace panels inset in both sides. This top actually reveals three of my tattoos (although you can only see one in the photos). I might be uncomfortable with that at work, except for the fact that I am far from the most heavily tattooed person in my department. You've seen the flowy, sheer wrap skirt before. It has such a feminine look and feel to it! Top and skirt are both from random little clothing stores hidden in small shopping centers. You know the type of stores I am talking about, right?
The cross pendant came from eBay, although I can't remember what seller. I can say that I added the purple ribbon choker that it is hanging from, and that I made the bracelets from faceted glass beads and spiral bracelet wire.
I'm not sure if I'm crazy about this top after all. See in the side-view photo below, how the cowl neck pokes out? I suppose a safety pin could resolve that issue somewhat, but is it worth it?
What do you think of this top? Should I keep it (with added safety pin to tame cowl neck) or is it a waste of hanger space?




12 comments:
Hello
I love your style, it´s so elegant and gothic ^^.
kisses
I think you should keep it, I think it looks great on you, and the colour is really pretty, too!
Honestly, I love cowl necks. They're dramatic, yet incredibly comfortable. I can understand wanting to pin it down but really it's very pretty!
Thanks, ladies! Looking at the photos (and the wonderful feedback), I really do like the top overall. We'll see how the safety pin works for keeping it under control. :)
The top is gorgeous. I don't really see the problem with the neckline though??? The fabric is so luxurious looking...
I love the shade of nail polish you're wearing. What's it called?
Joy, the nail color is Bubbly Bombshell by Orly. I am totally obsessed with it! :) It is SUPER sparkly, although it takes three thick coats to get full coverage (thank goodness for fast-dry top coats!).
The cowl neck is very flattering. The top looks great on you! I love the nail polish, too.
I love that outfit on you!!!
What about trying a lightweight brooch to tame the "bump"?
I love the top, I really do. Maybe the safety pin would help you feel more comfortable but I love it as it is. Bow on the side, lace, the way it ties on the waist is a win win for me.
Your nails are beautiful.
http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/
Amazing outfit! and the top is so flattering! It looks great on you!
kisses!
The top is such a gorgeous colour, I'd definitely keep it! You might be able to carefully stitch it in place - if I have a persistent problem with an article of clothing I often do that rather than safety pin it all the time to save having to take it in and out.
I agree with Julianne - tacking it down is probably a better long-term solution that safety-pinning it. But I don't really think the top requires either, to be honest. It looks lovely! I must say, my favorite part of that outfit is your braid.
Post a Comment