Here's another top from Frederick's. I love to buy their stuff when it goes on sale at the end of the season. Their sale prices really are good if you can find the right size. This one has a lace racer-back tank with a jersey knit cowl-neck layer that ties at the waist and neck. Yes, my bra straps are showing, because I find the racer back to be a bit unfeminine and I think adding some traditional straps helps. Normally I say NO to exposed bra straps, as it can be a bit classless. But if you make it look completely intentional and part of the outfit (and as long as it's black on black), I think it works okay. Or I am just deluding myself in order to break my own rules. :) Truthfully, this would look better with the coveted wide-strap tank but I still haven't looked at all of the resources suggested by my wonderful readers in this post.
I believe this skirt came from (*gasp*) Hot Topic, quite some time ago. I have replaced the lace panel near the bottom, as the original lace tore repeatedly in the first few wearings. That's Hot Topic quality for you! ;-D
![]() |
| Hello, Perseus! Mommy will be done soon so you can have your favorite nap spot back! :) |



17 comments:
Your kitty makes me feel better about having a huge one myself :) everyone else laughs!
The backdrop and the cat makes the creature look all the more mystic. Kitties!
I love big cats ! <3 yours is sooooo adorable !
A very large cat can make up for a lot of things.
I tend to avoid showing bra straps as well, but I do think this outfit works with them. They match and and you have so many straps and such in the back that it looks composed and just generally doesn't scream "look at my bra!"
My cat showed up in yesterday's post. What is it with cats and cameras? Actually, I think mine just likes to be where the action is. You look beautiful in this outfit...very nice. Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com
I love the gloves. You must have a ton. You could probably do an entire post on gloves. I'm in the market for some summer ones.
I don't like bra straps showing, either, but it works well with this outfit.
Awww, look how cute Perseus is! :)
Great photos!
I feel precisely the same way as you do about bra straps. It's definitely fashion forward to show them intentionally as you have. Perfect.
My that Perseus has a beautiful coat!
I am loving the back of this top
the lace is so pretty
brett
I never thought of softening the look of a racer back with bra straps....what a great idea! I'm totally stealing it. But don't worry, I'll give you full credit. Gosh I LOVE when your kitty shows up in photos....so gorgeous!
xo
Sada
http://dressologyhq.blogspot.com/
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has limits as to when bra straps are acceptable. :) And who has kitties as guests on her blog! ;-D
SiouxsieL, yes I do have a ton of gloves, collected over 20 years... Plus many of them are homemade (although these are not) because I get obsessive about the fabric and texture having to go well with the clothes I am wearing, plus various different lengths and warmths (okay, that's not a word...)
Sada, lol! Help yourself to any of my ideas. A link back is always most appreciated. :)
Such a gorgeous kitty. :3 good outfit too, but mostly catcatcat.
I'm sure I asked before, but he's a maine coon, isn't he? Or some similar enormous breed. My cat Franky is probably bigger than him, which makes no sense.
My frank. y u so hyooj?
Kitty, yes he is a Maine Coon. At 17 pounds, he's our "little" one. His brother Prometheus is 21 pounds. Not fat though; it's all just GIANT kitty! Prometheus' paw is almost as large as the palm of my hand (I'll try to get a photo of that soon!). Prometheus is 33" long including tail. Couldn't measure Perseus, as he kept trying to maim the tape measure. :)
XD frank is about a yard long. His paws aren't ENORMOUS, but they're pretty big for a cat under one year. It's his enormous fangs that make me "wat".
At least you weren't measuring with yarn .. xDD
Kitty, WOW! That's a BIG cat, and at under one year he's probably still growing, I bet! He must be Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat or something! At least the giant fangs make him Gothy vampire cool, right? ;-D
Tenebris, lol! Excellent point. :)
He's just a shorthaired domestic. He is also very ginger. He was a tiny kitten less than a year ago...what happened to my baby? His sister is about half his size, maybe less. Because she is a slut and had babies. :3
speaking of them...whoever adopts them is going to have a surprise in a year or so when they're enormous.
Post a Comment