Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Color Brigade: Pink and Yellow Rose Print, Eggplant and Black

Click photos for larger view.


I found this dress in the Victoria’s Secret clearance catalog and I couldn’t resist the color.  It’s made from a jersey knit that is so nice and soft for a long day at work.  It sure is tough to keep the cat hair off of this one, though.


I don’t care too much for the front of the dress, which is a very wide open wrap requiring a camisole underneath.  It’s so wide that even safety pins won’t help, as they just cause it to gap somewhere else.  Even with the cami, it looks funny.  Like, “Why would they even make a dress that’s so open in the front?” funny (hence the clearance, I guess).  The dress has a built- scarf that ties at the neck, but even this fails to hide most of the cami.  Borrowing the belted scarf idea that is so popular with other fashion bloggers really solves this problem.  Of course, I still have the cami on too, just in case of scarf slippage!


Some days, I take 20 photos and barely like one enough to post.  Other days, I take 10 and love eight of them.  Go figure.

I wish I had worn natural stockings rather than black tights.  I think it would add a bit more class to such a “comfy-looking” outfit.  But then again, the black tights are more artsy.  


I’ll let my readers decide:  Should I change up the hosiery next time I wear this, or stick with the black?



Color Brigade is brought to you by:

12 comments:

Joy said...

Very pretty! That's a lovely color. Why not give a different color stocking a try? I think it would look great either way.

Have you ever heard of the company We Love Colors? They sell just about every color hosiery imaginable. Maybe they carry eggplant (not that you'd want to wear eggplant with this particular outfit, but I just thought I'd mention it.) :)

Anonymous said...

Hose and tights are the devil's creation. I say if you're going to wear something that heinously uncomfortable, be fun and crazy.... go with stripes! Black and blue horizontal stripes! Pink and black vertical stripes! Striped stockings are the key to happiness!

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Joy, great suggestion! I do have some magenta tights, and maybe a grey pair. I've heard of We Love Colors; I'll have to look for some new colors to inspire me!

BettyZade, lol! You have a way with words. :-D I actually find tights and stockings quite comfortable but I know I'm in the minority there. I found a striped pair that I loved - they were opaque black and sheer black horizontal stripes! But I didn't want to pay $6 shipping for them. :(

Unknown said...

El pañuelo te hace especialmente bonita, ese toque de color , hace tu estilo original.
Me encanta el escenario de tus fotos
Besos Isabel


The scarf makes you especially pretty, that touch of color, makes your original style.
I love the scenery of your photos.
Kisses Isabella

Phoenix said...

Different coloured tights would look great, but I think the black looks awesome with this outfit! I love that shade of purple ^^ Shame about the funny front opening thing though. I hate it when that happens!

Betty said...

Cool, I love eggplant colour

Fash Boulevard said...

beautiful. I'm so excited I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out pictures from the fall/winter preview I attended yesterday in Beverly Hills. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Is that a cute braid I see~? Nyaaah~ why yes~

As far as your hosiery, you should try your natural color, and decide if it looks as good as you think~. If both end up looking equally good, then you can pick a pair in the dark and not have to worry if it's the wrong hosiery~

As far as color brigading, perhaps natural could count too? Haha.

Unknown said...

I like the arty black look but I'd probably go with seamed nude tights if I owned the dress; it has a little bit of a retro look to it that seamed tights would suit. The black doesn't do much to bring out the color of the dress, I think--too dark. :)

Unknown said...

I like the black, but I do think nude would work, too (and give nice balance to the colors). But what I'd really love is a deep navy. (Do you ever wear any? As a new reader, I have no idea. But I find navy to be a great way to blend goth and work.) The eggplant color really suits you. Love it!

Unknown said...

Very pretty specially loving the punch of pink!! Gorgeous

XoXo
http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Isabel, thanks! The scarf is a new look for me, and I like it.

Phoenix, I always wonder how things can look so different in the catalog than they do in real life. The model's "front" was definitly covered in the picture!!

Betty, me too! :)

Fash Blvd, thanks for following me! I'll check you blog out today.

Sir Isaak, grwat solution! ;-D

Hexotica, seamed stockings would be perfect! I need to spend some time hunting for some that fit me well (so short).

Alicatstrut, I'm warming up to the idea of wearing blue. I have a couple of bright blue tops (ironic) but no navy. :(. Tights would be a good place to start!

Fashion.MakeUp.Lifestyle, thank you! Pink always makes me a little happy. :)