I don’t know how it looks on your monitor, but this blouse is somewhere in between purple and magenta in real life. Although I don't know what to call it, I love this color! And I love that the top is so flowy and feminine. I just wish I could find camisoles/tanks with wider straps to wear under some of my sheer tops. Seems like those only come in rib knit, which I don’t like.
I paired the blouse with a simple a-line skirt and Mary Janes featuring a cute patent bow on the toe.
I must confess that I hit Amazon to look for some colorful accessories to help me out with Color Brigade. I found silk chiffon scarves in 110 colors for $19 each. I started by ordering the baby pink (seen here) and white. They are so beautiful!! I want about five more colors, at least. Perhaps I will treat myself to a scarf a month.
![]() |
| Detail of the Metallic Threads |
Does anyone know of a good place to get tanks with wider straps that aren’t ribbed?
| A Close-Up of Today’s Shoes |
Color Brigade is brought to you by:




17 comments:
Loove this look!Very classy and chic
On my screen it looks like a wine color. Go fig. Whatever color it is, it looks perfect with the pale pink scarf-bow.
Try J Crew, Ralph Lauren, Lululemon for tanks. Preppy and athletic brands always seem to have the best basics and J Crew, especially, doesn't generally use ribbing on their tanks. They have a silk tank that comes in an emerald green color that I have a crush on right now. But it's $75 and I'm not spending it. Their clearance racks are usually pretty great, though. Try that first if you have a J Crew near you. I've had some luck finding nice t-shirts from Gap (Body by Gap is good) but I just peaked at their site and it doesn't look like they have what you're looking for. American Apparel also has a zillion non-ribbed tanks.
Blouse & scarf are beautiful!
I so admire your sense of style.
A "scarf a month" sounds great to mee. I love scarves in all prints and colors. I own dozens, I think (I need them to "enhance" my plain everyday outfits ;) )
Sal
you look soooo elegant, and, hello flawless skin. i really truly and sincerely (and any other "ly" word that means "a lot") love this look on you. fabulous.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com
That blouse is amazing. Great color, gorgeous style. And you *did not* need to include the link to those scarves - how will I resist buying dozens???
I do like it! I think I´d love it even more with a black scarf but I understand that the colour note is to "ungoth" the look a little bit. Maybe you can try the black option for weekends. By the way, the outfit has a certain 20´s look to me and I adore them.
Looking very classy and chic lady!! love this look on you.
XoXo
http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/
I love that top!
Also, I adore Target's Mossimo micro ribbed tank tops. They have no ribbing, they're soft, they have held up for me a couple of years now and I wear them constantly.
I don't know if this is true at all locations, but I know the Target's closest to me always have a great shirt and tank top selection [and now that it's warmer finally they might actually be in stock].
Ehhhhto~ the combination of the look of your top plus the lovely way you tied your scarf makes you look akin to a school teacher. [I hope this isn't a bad thing, because you still look beautiful.]
Also, I voted on your poll, and I will say while my preference is 2-3 times a week, I've not problem with more or less if each post is meaningful. So however you go about it with work and weekend activities, I'll still enjoy all you offer us. ^_^
Wow! Amazing blouse! I would buy it! The outfit reminds me 30´s fashion.
Greetings!
Love this look! Those shoes, love em!
XO Carrie
www.carriefabulous.com
CookingChinchillas, thank you! :)
alicatstrut, thanks so much for the input!! I will definitely check out J. Crew and American Apparel. I don't usually shop those places so they might have all kinds of delightful surprises in store for me!
Sal, thanks! I want to see your scarf collection in your outfit posts! ;)
Brittney, aww thanks! :) Those are nice words coming from such an awesome blogger!
Trystan, yes, I had to do it. ;) *evil grin*
Violette, yes the Color Brigade helps my "ungoth" my looks a bit for work. Not sure how much longer I'll make it before I run out of colorful ideas, though. ;-D
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle, thank you!
Zellain, don't tell me that the perfect tanks were right under my nose all along?!? I'll check my local Target this weekend!
Sir Isaak, ah, another vote for Target. We'll see if my store has the tank tops! And yes, I will take "school teacher" as a compliment, as they are usually reasonably intelligent. :) Thanks for your input on my poll question!! Very helpful, indeed.
Gen, that's a nice compliment. :) I love 30s/40s fashion!
Carrie, I thought these shoes were awfully adorable when I found them in the Newport News catalog a while back. It's not often I fall for a pair with absolutely no platform, but the bow did it.
love the shirt and scarf combo! i might have to order myself some green scarves in the near future...
if you have h&m they have comfy wide strap tanks for $5
That blouse is beautiful. I'm glad you took the close-up so we can see the metallic threads.
The pink scarf is very pretty and compliments the blouse -- an excellent way to draw attention to your face! Lovely.
You've been very adventurous, wearing so many colors. Looking good!
Liz, thanks for the H&M tip. I love that store, but there isn't one near me. Next time I'm shopping in L.A. I will try to hit one!
Joy, I'm glad you like it! I'm always a bit iffy about this blouse when I see it on the hanger, but seeing the photos I really do appreciate it more.
Becky, yes, these Color Brigade outfits are awfully colorful for me! And a couple of my co-workers are a little too excited about this "new look" which they apparently haven't noticed is only on Tuesdays. ;)
GREAT look! I haven't been around and miss your SUPER FAB outfits. This top is soooooo pretty!
Post a Comment