Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Target Does It Again

Click photos for larger view.


This sheath dress was part of my recent fortuitous Target shopping trip, along with the awesome pencil skirts I talked about in this post.  This dress is surprisingly well made and is the perfect fit for work.  This is my first attempt at styling it, but what I really love is that it’s so basic and classic I could style it a dozen different ways and make it look totally different each time.  That is my goal, at least. 


Gratuitous Long Hair Shot
Today I started with some pastel pink accessories and a purple sweater shrug.  I guess I should have saved this for a Color Brigade post, but I could always use it later in a pinch.  :)  I rather like the way the light belt (Forever 21) draws attention to my waist.  The flower pin (New York & Co.) isn’t an exact color match, but it has a similar dusty pink tone.  The bracelets are also from Forever 21.  I ordered them online, and was disappointed to find when they arrived that they are plastic.  I should have guessed from the $2.80 price tag.  They don’t really match my pink glass pearl necklace as closely as I had hoped anyway, so the hunt continues.

There is a beautiful fold detail on the bodice of the dress, which you can see in the close-up below.  It’s so simple, but really adds a lot of class.


The Fold Detail
What is your favorite “basic” wardrobe piece that you find to be very versatile?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have the same flower! <3 Nom ^^ I'm not so found of the little jacket, but I definitly love the rest of the outfit!

Betty said...

Your hair is amazing, and you look beautiful with this pink flower.

www.glamourtendencia.blogspot.com

Joy said...

I agree about the belt - it's a delicate color, a perfect accessory to accent your waist. Love that color -- is it a peachy pink?

Gorgeous dress! It just goes to show one doesn't need to spend a lot of $ to look like a million.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this outfit. The whole thing really fits together nicely. I think the belt does it. How do you do it? I think my ability to pull together a decent outfit is atrophied from many years of uniformed jobs. No fashion sense required. lol.
www.snarkandire.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Me encantas,me encatas¡¡¡¡¡
Los detalles en rosa te hacen tan dulce.
Los zapatos, ohhhh¡¡¡
Besos Isabel
Ssas Diary

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Target has great work clothes. I was just in the Melbourne one yesterday and was drooling over velvet jackets and pretty satin tops. Unfortunately, I have to wear my work labels for work and don't really have a place for 'work' clothes in my normal life! It's either glam or casual for me!

Sal Kaye - Still Dark @ Heart said...

This is lovely!
I really love pink & black combined.

My favorite wardrobe piece is the "steampunk vest" at the moment. ;)

Unknown said...

That belt is so great with the dress. Perfect silhouette. My favorite basic go-to piece right now is a pair of gray cigarette jeans. They're the perfect mix of appropriate and fashionable for my work.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Dr. Cult, I actually have about 25 shrugs so you'll be seeing a LOT of shrugs here. ;-D

Betty, Thank you! I work hard to take care of my hair so it can stay so long!

Joy, yes the belt is a bit peachy. Not as peachy as the flower. I find it's actually a tough color to match, at least in my wardrobe!!

BettyZade, I think sometimes I just get lucky. ;) You probably have a lot of freedom in your current job, so why not have some fun now?

Isabel, thank you! I love these shoes, although they are my one uncomfortable pair.

Hexotica, I'll be keeping an eye out for those velvet jackets and satin tops!! ;) I love both your glam and your casual; you do them both very well.

Sal, good choice on the Steampunk vest. I can see that you are going to have a lot of fun with that.

alicatstrut, gray cigarette jeans sound very classic and chic. I'll be looking for them in your outfit posts!