No, we’re not having babies. We’re on a mission to find the perfect Boston Fern. I killed mine. In fact, I think I’m rapidly approaching Plant Serial Killer status. I kill anything except Pothos, yet I keep trying in my attempt to add variety to my houseplant family. To my credit, it did take me a year and a half to kill that fern… We don’t have any good nurseries that sell houseplants around our town, so we’re headed to Los Angeles to do some serious plant shopping. Hopefully there will be some other fun awaiting us while we’re in the area.
Check out this gauzy, tiered skirt I picked up at Macy’s last night. We really just went to walk around the mall to help burn off the immense quantities of Japanese food we consumed for our typical Sushi Thursday. One thing led to another and as promised, I quickly abandoned my self-imposed shopping ban. And I don’t regret it a bit. :) In addition to this skirt, I picked up a few pairs of pants (yes, I said pants!) that I am looking forward to styling after I hem them. Yes, at 5’ 3” I even need to hem the “short” pair. Amazing!
![]() |
| A Close-Up of My Magic Hair |
| A Close-Up of Today's Shoes |




12 comments:
Too bad you didn't say anything sooner. February is the best time of year to get carnivorous plants. I have pitchers and venus flytraps. They do well in a terrarium or large jar and need only occasional care. Just remember to have the lid open a bit so the flies can get in.
You might still be able to get a few on line.
Best of luck with the plants. I was a plant killer myself when I was younger. I over watered. Now I just wait until they start to wilt and water them then.
Love the fashion show. You wear clothing well and are pretty too.
I like the fashion advice also.
I've lost my share of house plants too. Now I stick to terrariums and moss.
Love your outfit. Any tips on how you get your hair so shiny? I'm in the process of growing mine out.
So beautiful and romantic. I use to dress very similarly to this when I was in my uber-goth early years.
I love gloves/fingerless glove/ arm warmers too! I think they can really complete an outfit and glam it up, yet can be more practical than heavy bracelets and bangles. My favorite pair is a fingerless black satin opera-style, which I wear goth clubbing pretty often.
So instead of a "green thumb," you have a "black thumb." That's what my family called it growing up, anyway. I don't have any pretty lace cuffs or arm-warmers, so I'd love to see a tutorial if you ever felt like posting one. And a shiny hair tutorial. :)
Ahaha, if it wasn't so "dangerous" I'd say try for bamboo, a small one, but then, they can run amok [if you kill bamboo, you will be elevated to Plant Serial Killer Most Wanted].
I love your hair pieces so much~! I'd love to have longer hair to put up into such nice hair ornaments. The dress is a perfect pair to your top, too.
LOVE the hair-do! Can't wait to see it in person.
As for plant killing, I've been at it for over 30 years and refuse to give up! Nothing like a thriving plant to liven up the house. Boston Ferns are difficult, especially here in the desert.
Where did you find the skirt? It's lovely!
Peace,
Sherry
I think it's the valley you live in. I tried for 11 years to grow things there, and gave up, convinced I had the Black Thumb, too. Its just so dry and windy. Nothing lives! Mega-cute hair, btw. And I can't believe you found that dress at Macy's. I kinda miss shopping.
Que guapa estas¡¡¡¡
Me encantan los zapatos.
Besos Isabel
That pretty these
I love shoes.
Kisses Isabel
Well everyone, our mission was successful. We found the perfect Boston Fern in Burbank (along with the perfect cheeseburgers).
Lady Euphoria, thanks so much for the advice, and the kind words!! I like to keep plants to help purify the air, so terrarium plants might not be the best solution for that (although they do look super cool!). I will definitely try your watering advice!
siouxsiel, I'm pretty lucky to have smooth, soft hair (although it's thin and fine and SO difficult to style!!) so some of the shine is just natural. However, I do use Biosilk Silk Therapy (http://www.biosilk.com/silk/st.html), which is a leave-in treatment that gives super shine and helps detangle.
Hexotica, you simple MUST post more outfits on your blog! I love what I've seen you do so far. And good point - the cuffs do give a nice heavy accessory look without the heavy accessories!
Becky, I will do a tutorial in the next couple of days. I've made a few pairs that were ridiculously simple!! :)
Sir Isaak, I do have bamboo in my office, and it is doing just fine! Must be because I'm married to a Japanese guy. ;)
Sherry, the fern did great for 1.5 years... It started to decline shortly after we got the maids. I had asked them not to water the plants, as I had figured out a very successful schedule... But they did it anyway. But only sometimes. So I lost track of when and how much watering was being done. We've since "corrected" the maids, so I have high hopes for the new ferns. ;-D
Betty, come and visit and we'll kill the new Macy's together!
Isabel, I'm so glad it's warming up so I can wear more cute shoes like these!! :)
Love this outfit. You look amazing, seriously. And kudos for wearing high heel mules (they're called mules, right?), I can't walk in anything that has no back part.
The lace cuffs are really cute, too. I remember a long, long time ago I had a pair like these from H&M and wore them until they literally came apart.
Thank you, Kaite, Yes, I believe they are called mules, or slides... I have trouble with them sometimes, too. No dancing in them, for sure!!
That's so funny, all the time I thought you were really tall, just from seeing your pictures without any "reference point" :)
It's why I didn't understand why you had a hard time finding fitting pants! Haha silly me :)
Post a Comment