And my Sparkle Week theme continues with this crocheted sweater. Ok, truthfully that was just a coincidence and I only expect it to be a two-day Sparkle Week, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.
I bought the pink glass pearls ages ago because they were just too fabulous to pass up (and they were on sale). I think this is the first time I’ve worn them, and that is thanks to the need for a third color in today's Color Brigade outfit. This is what I’ve really been enjoying about blogging; challenging myself to be more creative with the wardrobe and accessories I have, making it impossible for me to ignore anything.
![]() |
| Closeup of Pearls and Subtle Sweater Sparkle |
I haven’t bought a single clothing item or accessory in over a month now, and I’m thoroughly convinced that is a direct result of this blog. Don’t expect me to hold out much longer, though. After all, I really do need a bracelet to go with this necklace… ;)
Color Brigade is brought to you by:


11 comments:
Eating dark chocolate is NEVER a vice. :) I feel your pain, though. I'm trying to pack my whole life into a suitcase and I still can't resist shopping.
wow, the pearls add so much classiness to the outfit and they were a great buy! and purple is so flattering on you!
cute & little
I read 'pearls' and I thought 'where?', and I couldn't see them until the close up picture. I'm not a fan of pearls for my own wardrobe, but plenty of people--like yourself--can wear them beautifully.
That aside, purple is surely the color of super special awesomeness, and lovers of it are that much better.
Becky, I sure don't envy you THAT part of your journey. :) I have trouble even choosing what to take on a one-week trip!!
Kileen, thank you! I'm glad I finally had a chance to try out the pink pearls.
Sir Isaak, I added a close-up of the pearls just for you. :) Yes, purple is the best - nearly the whole interior of our house is purple, and both of our blogs (mine and husband's) feature purple. Oh, and my car is purple. And my hair was for about 7 years, until last fall when I finally got sick of having a purple shower. lol!
What a lovely shade of purple -- more like aubergine I'd say.
A purple car?! Wow, you don't see that color vehicle often!
*Love* the pearls.
I saw a permanent "violet black" color at Wal-Mart recently. I think it was by L'Oreal. Maybe that one won't run as much as the semi-permanent versions. I don't suppose anyone's tried it?
I really love the color of this sweater. The whole outfit looks fantastic.
Joy, aubergine is a great word! :) So much more expressive for a dark shade.
Becky, I will have to check that color out! I'm already bored with the jet black.
Zellain, it really is my favorite color (after black, of course).
the belted purple top is a super cute look!
Che gasp, just for me~? Thank you; and they still look lovely on you.
Purple hair~ how did that work for your hair already being dark?
Sir Isaak, it was gorgeous. I didn't bleach at all - just dumped the Hot Topic brand ("Raw") demi-permanent purple right on top of my natural dark brown. It was a deep eggplant in daylight, and nearly black indoors/at night. The demi-permanent really did have amazing staying power, but my hands would still be purple every time I touched my hair for two weeks after coloring. :(
Post a Comment