I’ve always wanted a good excuse to wear these crocheted socks with a pair of Mary Janes. They sure are making me feel pretty cute today!
Fortunately, I took the time to put this outfit together in advance: I had a terrible time forming an outfit around the sock concept, and my wonderful husband helped me figure it out over the weekend. If I had waited until Monday morning, I would have surely been an hour late to work.
Unfortunately, I didn’t figure on the new burgundy satin backdrop making my feet so dark, so the socks didn’t photograph as well as I had hoped. I tried adding a little fill light in the second photo that should have helped, but I pointed it more at my knees than the shoes for some strange reason. That’s 6:40 AM on a Monday for you.
The belt is from Forever 21, with added flower clips from Claire’s. I thought the flowers went well with the ruffled sleeves on this top from New York & Co.
Rule-Breaking Monday is brought to you by:


18 comments:
LOVE those socks!! you look great! xo
www.nydontleaveme.com
Great socks! Did your sister make them as well?
Love the shocking pink shirt, too.
Rule breaking is right up my alley!! I need to give this RBM a go sometime!! The crochet socks are HAWT!! I've been wanting to pull this look off since I first saw ZZ Top's legs video in the 80s!!!
How pretty! This outfit if fabulous. I love the look of "socks" with heels.
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! You actually made socks look good. Gorgeous outfit. I'm wondering though, did the nature of the crocheted material bother your feet as you walked around during the day?
Those socks actually look like lacy spats! Lovely.
NewYork, thanks! I'm loving them too, with the right shoes!
Sal, no, these were bought at Target.
Annimal, go for it!! lol - I had forgotten that ZZ Top video. :-D
Joy, I'veseen the socks with heels on some Web sites lately, so hopefully more people will try it. I think it's a fun look!
Betty... lol! You have a way with words. I can't wait to read you first novel. ;) And yes, the socks were a little scratchy but not bad. I actually put stockings on under them, which helps.
Little Lovables, they kinda do! lol
That belt is amazing~ the dual flower pop. I wonder if your co-workers are going to catch on with this~ heh heh.
I keep trying to figure out what I want to say about the pink and black and how people not in Gothic style wear them to no end, but the thought isn't coming together well. I'll just say you look so sharp~ and sophisticated, per usual~!
i absolutely LOVE the socks w/ heels look. not sure i can pull it off but you definitely did! you have amazing style. :)
Those socks are adorable! I must also complement your hair. I just love it!
Socks with mary janes, absolutely adorable :)
Sir Isaak, my co-workers don't know the secret to the flowers on my belt. They think the belt came that way. ;-D And they don't know about my blog, so they aren't getting the scoop!
Kimchi Girl, thanks for visiting my blog! You should try the socks with heels. It's a fun look!
SaryWalrus, it took years for my hair and I to come to an understanding. ;) I'd say we get along fairly well now!
GoodFrameofMind, thanks!! :) I just love Mary Janes of all kinds.
Those socks are really cute and work really well with the outfit. I love the other ruffles and flowers you worked into the outfit as well. Cute!
Te sienta el fucsia genial¡¡¡
Preciosa.
Besos Isabel Spain
ah yes please! this is such a stunning look. the socks and heels totally work.
Zellain, can you tell I love girly elements in my wardrobe? ;)
Isabel, thank you! Fuscia is on of my favorite colors!
Muse, thanks!! :-D I'm on the lookout now for more cute socks.
I love this outfit; so romantic and such a pretty color top! The belt perfectly suits the top.
You've inspired me; maybe I will try to post more than one outfit a week! ;)
Hexotica, that is good news! I saw your latest post and will be commenting as soon as I pick my jaw up off the floor. ;-D
Post a Comment