Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I’m a Versatile Blogger!

I’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Amy of The Ultimate Goth Guide. I think this is a nice way for bloggers to show their peers that they are appreciated. Thank you for thinking of me for this award, Amy!

UPDATE:  I also was honored with this award by Amunicia of All Black Everything.  Wow, it's a good day for me!  Thanks, Amunicia!!

UPDATE #2:  Ms Lou of The Neo-Victorian Parlour also chose me for the award.  Thank you, Ms. Lou!  Amy really got this ball rolling in the Goth blogging scene.  :)

With such an honor comes great responsibility, so here are the rules for recipients of this award:
  • Thank and link the person who nominated you.
  • Share seven random facts about yourself.
  • Pass the award onto fifteen of your favorite bloggers.
  • Contact your nominees to let them know about the award.

So, on to the fascinating facts about me…
  1. My husband is my best friend.
  2. I get really moody if I don’t go out dancing often enough. One good night on the dance floor with my own kind adjusts my attitude wonderfully. An off night at a club just makes me moodier.
  3. I love meat. I’m an extremely healthy eater, and I consume my five+ servings of fruits and vegetables each day because it’s the right thing to do, but I hate every moment of it. If nutrition wasn’t a factor, I’d eat nothing but meat, bread and pie.
  4. I can’t stand the smell of perfume.
  5. My house isn’t decorated “Goth.” It’s more what I would describe as dark pseudo-modern Victorian. We don’t have black furniture, curtains, rugs or anything. Just the clothes are black. We do have a few gargoyles watching over us.
  6. My dad and I went to Ireland for his 50th birthday. It was just the two of us, and we spent nearly three weeks there. It was one of the best times of my life. I’m hoping we'll go again for my 50th birthday… If he’s still mobile then. ;)
  7. It’s really all about the kittens.
And now I'm going to break the rules.  Instead of calling it an award and asking for a return mention of thanks and the whole "pay it forward" thing, I'm just going to take a moment to mention a few non-fashion bloggers who are special to me. I can't see these bloggers following any of the rules above (they are all rebels), but they deserve some recognition because their blogs are awesome!  I truly look forward to reading each and every post by these talented people, and I hope you will too.
  • CineRave by Radnelac
    I love movies. It's not my fault if most of them suck.
  • Flummoxed by BettyZade
    Wisdom, idiocy, and a good dose of snark and ire; as seen by a 30-something, independent, free-thinking woman.
  • Mental Pirate by Captain Morgan
    Honest takes on the music world, interviews with bands you may not be familiar with (or worship) and news that is worth noting.
  • Wheels are Everything by My Husband :)
    Cool pictures of cool cars.

6 comments:

Captain Morgan said...

aww, shucks. BTW, HUGE kudos to you for taking the blogging world by storm. If you're not careful, you could very well get scooped up by some dark fashion 'zine and get paid and everything. Lucky.

Anonymous said...

Ditto. You almost possess too much class for one person. It's not right for those of us roaming the earth with less than our fair share. Thanks a million!

Unknown said...

My boyfriend is like yours when it comes to dancing. It doesn't have to be a goth club; he'll dance everywhere as long as it's his kind of music! Also, he is a car-head too!

Anonymous said...

I also nominate you for a versatile blogger award! Love the blog. :)

Theriz said...

that's great!! congrats!!

Sada said...

Congrats!!! And WELL deserved!!